Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

5,000+++ found...

Old 04-15-2005, 11:36 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
5,000+++ found...

buried in one of numerous mass graves in southern Iraq by Saddam and his regime this week.

But why should this matter, right? It's not like we care about human suffrage in other parts of the world. Surely the statue of Saddam coming down in Iraq means nothing to me if I choose to ignore the obvious.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/04/15/in...rint&position=

BAGHDAD, Iraq, April 14 - Investigators have discovered several mass graves in southern Iraq that are believed to contain the bodies of people killed by Saddam Hussein's government, including one estimated to hold 5,000 bodies, Iraqi officials say.
Old 04-15-2005, 11:43 AM
Dirty Redhead

Car Info: 05 WRX Wagon (Crystal Gray)
You are going to keep going on that poll aren't you?
Old 04-15-2005, 12:13 PM
VIP Member

Yep. I honestly think that it pains a lot of you to give credit to anything the current administration does. Unregistered will beat around the bush in order to validate his opinion.

If you can have fear over someone holding a finger over a red button then surely you can have sympathy for those women and child that have been buried in the Iraqi sands together. Doesn’t this sympathy effect everyone on a global scale? If it doesn’t then you’re a monster.

Hitler never once had a direct impact on U.S. soil yet people are still effected by him to this day. But then again the huge swastika that was destroyed at the top of the Zeppelintribüne had no global significance either.
Old 04-15-2005, 12:19 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Y'know, most people (you know who you are. ) really don't give two ****s about this.
Just like they didn't give two ****s about the mass graves of Christians in the Balkans, but shed crocodile tears over the "crimes" commited against Muslims in the same region.

To Liberals, *>anything Christian.
Old 04-15-2005, 12:37 PM
Dirty Redhead

I can't speak for others but I think you are mis-understading my argument. I'm not trying to downplay the fact that what has happened in iraq has been momentus. It's so much better for the people in iraq now that saddam is gone. His atrocities were some of the worst. The people in iraq will have much better lives after this war is over.

I give the Bush admin credit for the outcome, because they are the ones who made the decision to go in there. I have just said from the start that I don't like how they lied to the country to scare people into following them. That's an ends justify the means discussion.

I just have a really hard time comparing this regional change in iraq to something like the end of the cold war and the toppling of ****'s in germany (yes that was one of the greatest moments in history).
Old 04-15-2005, 12:42 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX Sedan & 2008 GMC Sierra 4x4
Originally Posted by Salty
Yep. I honestly think that it pains a lot of you to give credit to anything the current administration does. Unregistered will beat around the bush in order to validate his opinion.
And some people can't stop blowing the current administration for every little good they do while completely turning their backs and tuning out anything that may be bad. It's all in personal choice. I don't agree on alot of things that Bushy and Co. has done but I will be the first to tell you that they have made great progress in Iraq specifically when alot of people didn't think elections could be held or that a democratic government could really take hold in that country.

Originally Posted by Oaf
Y'know, most people (you know who you are. ) really don't give two ****s about this.
Just like they didn't give two ****s about the mass graves of Christians in the Balkans, but shed crocodile tears over the "crimes" commited against Muslims in the same region.

To Liberals, *>anything Christian.
Well I happen to consider myself more liberal than anything else and I am also a Christian

So I guess I don't fall in to your asinine generalization.
Old 04-15-2005, 12:58 PM

If you can have fear over someone holding a finger over a red button then surely you can have sympathy for those women and child that have been buried in the Iraqi sands together. Doesn’t this sympathy effect everyone on a global scale? If it doesn’t then you’re a monster.

Hitler never once had a direct impact on U.S. soil yet people are still effected by him to this day. But then again the huge swastika that was destroyed at the top of the Zeppelintribüne had no global significance either.

Oh god you have to be kidding me. You are MISSING the whole argument entirly. This isn't about Jr. actions producing some good. This is about comparing two historical events. And they DO NOT COMPARE. Lets see some pictures shall we.

The statue falling in Iraq.

The Berlin Wall falling.

How you can say, that the Berlin Wall falling compares to the statue falling in Iraq is well laughable. Lets see the Berlin Wall falling ment the Cold War ending and with that the end of a Era. The fall of Saddam does not even have close to the same ramifications. Give it up, it just doesn't compare.

p.s. I tried posting on the other thread once again....but for some reason it didn't work? Is it me or the server?
Old 04-15-2005, 01:01 PM

And you are mistaken Hitler was a direct threat to the US intrest directly. And had global significance if he stayed in power. To even correlate Saddam to the level that Hitler was is once again laughable. I don't even know how you could even come close to comparing the two in the manner you are.
Old 04-15-2005, 01:04 PM
VIP Member

I get it. You compare symbolism and importance to how many people showed to the party. brilliant.

Now take the amount of people you see in those pictures you posted and mutliply it until you hit 300,000 dead people.
Old 04-15-2005, 01:05 PM

Car Info: 04 Silver WRX Wagon
I agree with Unregistered on this one. While Saddam was an evil dictator, he was no Hitler.

Comparing him to Hitler does the people who suffered under him a terrible injustice.

Edit note: Salty is a thread dictator! hehe... j/k...

Last edited by dub2w; 04-15-2005 at 01:15 PM. Reason: damnit... hit edit instead of quote. dub2w please try to reproduce this post. sorry
Old 04-15-2005, 01:10 PM
VIP Member

I'll agree with this.

I had no intentions of belittling the lives that were lost under Hitler. I was just trying to express the correlation between these two monsters.
Old 04-15-2005, 01:18 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Unregistered:

While I see the point you're trying to make with the pictures, maybe the low participation in the Iraqi photo is due to the active combat still going on mere blocks away?
Old 04-15-2005, 01:25 PM

Car Info: 04 Silver WRX Wagon
or the fact that our guys ran out of Snickers and we could only muster up that many locals for the photo-op
Old 04-15-2005, 01:28 PM
Dirty Redhead

But then again the huge swastika that was destroyed at the top of the Zeppelintribüne had no global significance either.
That would be ahead of the cold war just so you know.

WW2 death toll over 50 Million compared to the 300,000 you were talking about
Old 04-15-2005, 01:32 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by ericdared81

WW2 death toll over 50 Million compared to the 300,000 you were talking about
So body counts are a factor now?

If so, then the Cold War would come in dead last.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 5,000+++ found...