Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

11 Egyptians on student visa just disappeared... tip of the iceburg?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 10:06 AM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
11 Egyptians on student visa just disappeared... tip of the iceburg?

Innocent intentions? I doubt it. I wonder wtf they are trying to pull.

Apparently the school reported it prior to gov't requirements, so I wonder how many other schools have yet to report similar incidents.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/08/08/egy...nts/index.html
Old 08-09-2006, 10:22 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
"entered the United States on valid student visas"

Well, thank god we have nothing to worry about, especially given the missing persons names.

• El Sayed Ahmed Elsayed Ibrahim, 20

• Eslam Ibrahim Mohamed El Dessouki, 21

• Alaa Abd El Fattah Ali El Bahnasawi, 20

• Mohamed Ragab Mohamed Abd Alla, 22

• Ahmed Refaat Saad El Moghazi El Laket, 19

• Ahmed Mohamed Mohamed Abou El Ela, 21

• Mohamed Ibrahim Elsayed El Moghazy, 20

• Ebrahim Mabrouk Moustafa Abdou, 22

• Moustafa Wagdy Moustafa El Gafary, 18

• Mohamed Saleh Ahmed Maray, 20

• Mohamed Ibrahim Fouaad El Shenawy, 17

I'll never let the lack of profiling in American security down if these guys are really up to no good. Let's hope they're just looking for jobs or just finding the best baklava in town...
Old 08-09-2006, 10:43 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 08 sti
Originally Posted by Salty
"entered the United States on valid student visas"

Well, thank god we have nothing to worry about, especially given the missing persons names.

• El Sayed Ahmed Elsayed Ibrahim, 20

• Eslam Ibrahim Mohamed El Dessouki, 21

• Alaa Abd El Fattah Ali El Bahnasawi, 20

• Mohamed Ragab Mohamed Abd Alla, 22

• Ahmed Refaat Saad El Moghazi El Laket, 19

• Ahmed Mohamed Mohamed Abou El Ela, 21

• Mohamed Ibrahim Elsayed El Moghazy, 20

• Ebrahim Mabrouk Moustafa Abdou, 22

• Moustafa Wagdy Moustafa El Gafary, 18

• Mohamed Saleh Ahmed Maray, 20

• Mohamed Ibrahim Fouaad El Shenawy, 17

I'll never let the lack of profiling in American security down if these guys are really up to no good. Let's hope they're just looking for jobs or just finding the best baklava in town...

i see you are two steps behind helladumb for idiot reactionist of the year..

congrats!!
Old 08-09-2006, 11:45 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by dr3d1zzl3
i see you are two steps behind helladumb for idiot reactionist of the year..

congrats!!
A handful of guys with sentences for names came into the country only to disappear and you think Hella and myself are "idiot reactionists?" What world do you live in?
Old 08-09-2006, 11:53 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
omg they have names typical of that area, OH NO3S!! Did you expect egyptians to have names such as Bill Smith? come on now, get a grip
Old 08-10-2006, 12:07 AM
VIP Member

Yes, because the name "Bill Smith" closely matches the types of terrorist names wanted by the FBI: http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/terrorists/fugitives.htm It's seems that you need to get a grip...

We’re talking about a group of men with Muslim names that are missing. This mostly likely means they haven’t made any transactions with a debit or credit card or haven’t applied with a job that has electronic applications, etc. And even though the FBI says they are not a terrorist threat, who are you and Dre to take sides with an American intelligence agency? How quickly they forget... doesn’t anyone remember that some of the 9/11 hijackers came here on a student visa? Complacency is deadly.

Quesiton: Assuming you were at the top of the decision making process regarding all things relating to national security, when exactly would you be suspect? Because your lack of concern would mean after detonation for a particular case that was more or as serious.

Does anyone here agree with me?

Last edited by Salty; 08-10-2006 at 12:22 AM.
Old 08-10-2006, 12:25 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Yes, because the name "Bill Smith" closely matches the types of terrorist names wanted by the FBI: http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/terrorists/fugitives.htm It's seems that you need to get a grip...
it matches closly because they are targeting people from that region. No fawking **** if you target a certain area, names from that area are going to be similar to what youre looking for. Thats called common sense. I'm not saying it isnt strange that they went missing, I'm saying its not because of their names that its strange.
Old 08-10-2006, 01:13 AM
VIP Member

Let's assume these hypothetical situations for a moment:

1) The stupid choice: This dangerous group that’s originally from Egypt, apply for student visa to the USA from a European country they’re currently living in instead of one associated with Muslims names (Egypt, etc). This would be a big red flag. This is because their Muslim names are not common to the country whereas they are for Egypt.

2) The detail you potentially overlooked: The same dangerous group decides it’s best to protect their motives if they simply apply for student visas from a country where Muslim names are common instead (Egypt - their native land). Why? Because people like yourself will pass them off as just another person with a name common to the region. Bad move.

My point is that having a Muslim name is paramount. Let’s be honest, if a person named “Bill Smith” lived in Saudi Arabia because his parents had a large stake in the oil industry and lived there, then people in Britain wouldn’t be suspect if he applied for a student visa. Yet his name is nowhere near the norm for Saudi Arabia. This is because his name isn't Mohammed blah blah blah Ahmed blah blah blah Moustafa. Of course, this wouldn’t necessarily mean he’s not Muslim and it would behoove Britain intelligence to look into his background further for terrorist activity. But still, it wouldn’t set-off any initial red flags like 11 men with sentences for names, you see?

Our security must consider them to be dangerous instead of becoming complacent like yourself.

Last edited by Salty; 08-10-2006 at 01:16 AM.
Old 08-10-2006, 07:40 AM

Car Info: 2007 Nissan Frontier

Really, whats the point in worrying about this whole situation? I mean, it is understandable that those involved in National Security might be. But that is their job, and at least I am confidant that they will find out whats really up. So why worry? You have such a miniscule chance of getting attacked by t3h t3rr0ristz0rz that worrying really isn't much worth anyone's time. Thats what I love about situations like these. Everybody ****s their pants, and over what? A threat that is going to be stopped (or wasn't even there)?

On that same note, what is the difference if MBasile is complacent or not? I'm sure that he, nor I, nor you have any opprotunity to stop any threat.
Old 08-10-2006, 09:58 AM
VIP Member

I'm not freaking out... all i'm saying is that we cannot ever let things like this go unnoticed. That there's no such thing as being an "idiot reactionist" given these sort of situations.
Old 08-10-2006, 11:51 AM
VIP Member

We’re talking about a group of men with Muslim names that are missing. This mostly likely means they haven’t made any transactions with a debit or credit card or haven’t applied with a job that has electronic applications, etc. And even though the FBI says they are not a terrorist threat, who are you and Dre to take sides with an American intelligence agency? How quickly they forget... doesn’t anyone remember that some of the 9/11 hijackers came here on a student visa? Complacency is deadly.

Quesiton: Assuming you were at the top of the decision making process regarding all things relating to national security, when exactly would you be suspect? Because your lack of concern would mean after detonation for a particular case that was more or as serious.

Does anyone here agree with me?
PS FBI != intelligence agency no matter how hard they try or want to be one. They are a LEA..

Id do exactly what is being done now, searching for them, pinging other nation states intel agencies for data, combing thru records, trying to track these people. While being complacent can get you killed, ASSUMPTIONS will make it happen much much faster...
Old 08-10-2006, 11:53 AM
VIP Member

Let's assume these hypothetical situations for a moment:

1) The stupid choice: This dangerous group that’s originally from Egypt, apply for student visa to the USA from a European country they’re currently living in instead of one associated with Muslims names (Egypt, etc). This would be a big red flag. This is because their Muslim names are not common to the country whereas they are for Egypt.

2) The detail you potentially overlooked: The same dangerous group decides it’s best to protect their motives if they simply apply for student visas from a country where Muslim names are common instead (Egypt - their native land). Why? Because people like yourself will pass them off as just another person with a name common to the region. Bad move.

My point is that having a Muslim name is paramount. Let’s be honest, if a person named “Bill Smith” lived in Saudi Arabia because his parents had a large stake in the oil industry and lived there, then people in Britain wouldn’t be suspect if he applied for a student visa. Yet his name is nowhere near the norm for Saudi Arabia. This is because his name isn't Mohammed blah blah blah Ahmed blah blah blah Moustafa. Of course, this wouldn’t necessarily mean he’s not Muslim and it would behoove Britain intelligence to look into his background further for terrorist activity. But still, it wouldn’t set-off any initial red flags like 11 men with sentences for names, you see?

Our security must consider them to be dangerous instead of becoming complacent like yourself.

more like

3. Said dangerous group decides to buy a canoe and paddle to canada to pick up their neurtonium 674 laser isotope weapons. They then paraglide over the board to infidel country and release their laser isotope weapons upon the masses of infidel satan worshippers!!!
oh yeah one more thing

CHEMTRAILS CHEMTRAILS CHEMTRAILS REPTILIANS CHEMTRAILS SUBTERRANIAN MARTIAN BASES CHEMTRAILS UFO ABUDUCTIONS END OF THE WORLD!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-11-2006, 08:19 AM
250,000-mile Club President

Car Info: MBP 02 WRX wagon
Well, today 6 of them are in custody and probably won't be making it to big sky country.
Old 08-14-2006, 10:42 AM

http://www.canadafreepress.com/2006/hagmann081006.htm
Old 08-14-2006, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by psoper
Well, today 6 of them are in custody and probably won't be making it to big sky country.
Big sky country? You mean hell to hang out with shatan and their pal hitler.

http://www.canadafreepress.com/2006/hagmann081006.htm

Quick Reply: 11 Egyptians on student visa just disappeared... tip of the iceburg?