Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

**** Hezbollah, et al.

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2006, 02:31 PM

Car Info: Stock Legacy Turbo Wagon Silver
Originally Posted by IS2Scooby
I think we should find a way to relocate the US to the moon and put up a bubble. Isolationist politics with a global economy.
I'm all about isolationism. We spend so much money on the UN and in foriegn aid, why? They hate us anyways? Funk em.
Old 07-14-2006, 02:38 PM

I'll do my part to help out Israel by buying an Israeli made gun the next chance I get.
Old 07-14-2006, 02:53 PM

Interesting article. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13853565/?GT1=8307
Some good points about Iran and Syria's involvment in the matter. It seems to me that Israel has a lot of international support, even if the other countries don't come out and say it outright.
Old 07-14-2006, 10:05 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02WRXpseudoSTiWannabeWagon
I had been (and really still) not very happy with Israel.

However, both of these articles made everything crystal clear for me.
http://gpatmac.com/stratfor_red_aler...ckgrounder.htm
http://gpatmac.com/stratfor_red_aler...hs_motives.htm
Old 07-15-2006, 07:14 AM

Car Info: 1990 thing
is it just me or is Israel the only country involved in this debacle that has nukes? Iran doesn't count, since we don't know.
Old 07-15-2006, 07:27 AM
VIP Member

IMO, nukes aren't even at issue. I mean, they always are but nukes are above strategic. They're political. They're sabres. They're useful as an ace up the sleeve at the bargaining table.

Like I said in my first post. Israel's going into Syria shortly.
Old 07-15-2006, 07:51 AM

Car Info: 1990 thing
Originally Posted by gpatmac
IMO, nukes aren't even at issue. I mean, they always are but nukes are above strategic. They're political. They're sabres. They're useful as an ace up the sleeve at the bargaining table.

Like I said in my first post. Israel's going into Syria shortly.
I don't know that Israel would have many qualms about actually using nukes, if they saw a reason to.
Old 07-15-2006, 08:02 AM

Car Info: 2007 Nissan Frontier
Those are some really facinating articles. Nice post
Old 07-15-2006, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by jdepould
I don't know that Israel would have many qualms about actually using nukes, if they saw a reason to.
I doubt even Isreal would be willing to risk the political ramifications of using nuclear weapons.

I agree with pat that Isreal will be moving into Syria shortly. However - as the article states - this could possibly be adverted through under-the-table bargaining. I doubt Syria wants to deal with an Isreali invasion into their territory, and believe that they will do everything in their power to advert such a conflict. Syria, though Muslum, is more interested in their political and economic goals in the reigon than their "muslum brothers". The powers that be in Syria all too often get thrown into the same catagory as Iran and other Islamist regimes in the reigon, when in reality Syria is an entirely different beast. The "president" and most of his advisors are well (western) educated, and are much more intersted in Syria's own power than anything else. I doubt they will make any moves that would put Syria in jepordy.
-Jeff
Old 07-15-2006, 08:48 AM
VIP Member

I pretty much believe everything George Friedman says without question.

Yup. WRT using nukes, it's not so much willingness as it is risk assessment. I don't think anyone in any current theater is willing to accept the ramifications of actually targetting someone with nukes. The fallout would be much greater than just from the impact of the round.
Old 07-15-2006, 11:29 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Originally Posted by Magish
I doubt even Isreal would be willing to risk the political ramifications of using nuclear weapons.

I agree with pat that Isreal will be moving into Syria shortly. However - as the article states - this could possibly be adverted through under-the-table bargaining. I doubt Syria wants to deal with an Isreali invasion into their territory, and believe that they will do everything in their power to advert such a conflict. -Jeff
This is happening right now. Israel has given Syria an ultimatum: http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...275886,00.html
Old 07-15-2006, 01:16 PM

Hmmm, that puts Syria in a tight spot. As the articles pat posted showed (and other things I have read), I doubt that Syria has enough control over Hizbullah to stop all activity within 72 hours, and even if they did I'm not quite sure if they would so publicly, as that would likely draw strong critizism from many more fundamental muslums. However, Syria is sort of a "rogue force" in the area, so who knows. I'm sure they do not want air strikes on their own territory, but I'd be somewhat supprised to see them publicly put the hold (if even possible) on hizbullah's attacks. Its going to be a intersting couple of days!
Cheers
-Jeff
Old 07-15-2006, 01:26 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Originally Posted by Magish
Hmmm, that puts Syria in a tight spot. As the articles pat posted showed (and other things I have read), I doubt that Syria has enough control over Hizbullah to stop all activity within 72 hours-Jeff
Good point. Let's see if they take any initiative to do something to stop them.
Old 07-15-2006, 02:44 PM
VIP Member

It seems to me that trying to figure out what Syria might do is very difficult due to the fact that Syria is mostly secular.
Old 07-19-2006, 11:30 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 03 WRX
So I was thinking, we have +- 250,000 troops right inbetween the two countries directly involved in funding, training and logistically supplying hezbollah. IMHO Iran is funding, training and fighting a war by proxy through sending logistical support to Syria and using the week government of Lebanon to stage attacks from thier southern border. How long can we put up with this sword shaking from the Persian facist regime? I'm no military expert but are the hundreds of thousands of troops we have in Iraq a deterrent for the Persians or thier so called hostages? The world community needs to stand up to these facists and remove them by force. This can't be a uni or bilateral operation between Israel and the US though. There needs to be some sort of unified coalition via NATO or even the UN to forcefully remove these neo ***** from power.

Quick Reply: **** Hezbollah, et al.