Suspension, Handling, and Brakes Talk about Struts/springs, coilovers, anti-swaybars, strut bars, steering, Pads, fluid, lines, rotors, calipers, boosters, and anything that is brake and suspension related.

What color are the stock WRX springs?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 02:09 PM

Car Info: 2002 Black Subaru WRX Sedan Stage 2
What color are the stock WRX springs?

So I just bought this car a week ago, and the more I look at it, the more aftermarket **** I find that I didn't know about. I'm just trying to figure it all out to see what I have, and plan out what I want to do next. The problem is that I don't know what to look for because I don't have another stock WRX to compare it to.

Somebody told me my car looked a little lower than stock (but I don't think it looks too low). The springs that are on there look red. Are those normal, or is it something else?

So far I've uncovered a full stage 2 setup (perrin catless DP, catless UP, custom magnaflow exhaust, ecu was tuned), cusco front and rear tower bars, prodrive rims. The only thing I noticed when I bought it was the front tower bar.
Old 10-11-2010, 02:42 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by xdeathwishx
So I just bought this car a week ago, and the more I look at it, the more aftermarket **** I find that I didn't know about. I'm just trying to figure it all out to see what I have, and plan out what I want to do next. The problem is that I don't know what to look for because I don't have another stock WRX to compare it to.

Somebody told me my car looked a little lower than stock (but I don't think it looks too low). The springs that are on there look red. Are those normal, or is it something else?

So far I've uncovered a full stage 2 setup (perrin catless DP, catless UP, custom magnaflow exhaust, ecu was tuned), cusco front and rear tower bars, prodrive rims. The only thing I noticed when I bought it was the front tower bar.

Red could be Tanabe or Swift springs. If they are pink then they are STI springs. Stock is black. Stock strut tower is also black.

Bring your car to a subaru meet, someone will point put the mods for you
Old 10-11-2010, 02:45 PM

Car Info: FR-S + WRB Bugeye.
If the springs are red they could be a number of aftermarket springs. But deffinitly not stock, stock springs are black with I believe a purple dot on them( for bugeyes anyway) though I am too lazy to walk into my garage to double check the color of the dot. Your red springs could be STi aftermarket, Perrin, Eibach, and possibly other brands.

Where/who did you buy the car from? How much did you pay? And if you don't know anyone that lives close to you that can look your car over to see if there are any "undiscovered" parts on it, then post some pics of the underbody and engine bay and whatever else is in question. Or drive out to any number of local meets here in the bay area and I'm sure someone would be willing to look it over with you. If you want to drive all the way to Vallejo for the Tuesday night meet out there I'd be more than happy to look it over for you and answer any questions you might have. Hope thant helps, thanks

Kyle
Old 10-11-2010, 06:48 PM

Car Info: 2002 Black Subaru WRX Sedan Stage 2
Haha, I'm stupid. The springs are black, but the struts are red, so I guess at least the struts aren't stock. A dude I met today said they might be off an STi, but def. not stock. Working on finding a meet to go to around here!