Suspension, Handling, and Brakes Talk about Struts/springs, coilovers, anti-swaybars, strut bars, steering, Pads, fluid, lines, rotors, calipers, boosters, and anything that is brake and suspension related.

sway bars for sti

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2005, 04:50 PM

Smile sway bars for sti

do you guys really see any benefit to fitting sway bars to a 04 sti?any noticable increase in handling.i'm thinking of cobb set.already have eibach pro kit on.would sways be a good add on ? thanks for replies.
Old 03-13-2005, 03:12 AM

Car Info: 2000 2.5 RS (really slow)
Yea, I threw a set of Cusco 22mm Front/Rear sway bars with endlinks. It really made the car fell tighter thru sharper turns. I also tossed a Front/Rear Strut Bar along with a Ver.2 LAB by Cusco also which helped stiffen up the frame slightly and add more responsiveness. If your running on the stock Stuts with those Eibach Pro series springs i would recommend some camber plates.
Old 03-14-2005, 06:10 AM

Car Info: 05 H2 SUT, 45 GPW, 10 Murano, 13 Boss 302
If nothing else, a stiffer rear swaybar will reduce the inherent understeer.

Personally, I have a Cusco adjustable rear swaybar and Cusco non-adjustable front swaybar. It's a good matched set and got the car much closer to neutral. I have the rear bar set to the middle position, but I may have to go back to the least stiff setting when my coilovers go on.
Old 03-15-2005, 04:45 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '94 WRX, '97 Forester S/Tb, '95 WRX-RA
Originally Posted by Egan
If nothing else, a stiffer rear swaybar will reduce the inherent understeer.

Personally, I have a Cusco adjustable rear swaybar and Cusco non-adjustable front swaybar. It's a good matched set and got the car much closer to neutral. I have the rear bar set to the middle position, but I may have to go back to the least stiff setting when my coilovers go on.
I have the same setup, and just recently added HKS Hipermax II's. If you hate understeer as much as I do, keep the rear bar set to the mid setting after installing your coilovers. It provides a feel between "just enough" and "too much". I don't know about going to the hardest setting on the bar. Might be WAY too much.
Old 03-15-2005, 06:56 AM

Car Info: 05 H2 SUT, 45 GPW, 10 Murano, 13 Boss 302
Originally Posted by Toiletbrush
I have the same setup, and just recently added HKS Hipermax II's. If you hate understeer as much as I do, keep the rear bar set to the mid setting after installing your coilovers. It provides a feel between "just enough" and "too much". I don't know about going to the hardest setting on the bar. Might be WAY too much.
I'll play around with the setting when my coilovers go on. They are due in this week from Germany. They are going to have 9/8 kg springs so I may have to turn the swaybar down.