Suspension, Handling, and Brakes Talk about Struts/springs, coilovers, anti-swaybars, strut bars, steering, Pads, fluid, lines, rotors, calipers, boosters, and anything that is brake and suspension related.

power steering pump into brake fluid line

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2005, 03:33 PM
VIP Member

power steering pump into brake fluid line

so this one tuner shop said they could either take my power steering pump and reroute it into the brake fluid lines to create pressure in the system. im sure this would make a pretty big improvement in braking without bubbles and what not. or they could just take another power steering pump and pop it in so i would have power steering also.
thoughts?

-andrew
Old 04-17-2005, 06:46 PM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
Origami posted by NeRdY DoRkUs
so this one tuner shop said they could either take my power steering pump and reroute it into the brake fluid lines to create pressure in the system. im sure this would make a pretty big improvement in braking without bubbles and what not. or they could just take another power steering pump and pop it in so i would have power steering also.
thoughts?
Wow, where to begin.

This has been done by some manufacturers as a brake assist, much like the conventional power-assisted brakes that rely on engine vacuum. Ask youselves these questions: What advantages does it offer for a Subaru? Does it correct some known deficiency with the factory brakes? How much power would it consume to drive an additional pump? Would the factory ABS still function correctly if modded in this manner? Last, but not least, this is sure to void any factory warranty should you have some sort of brake problems.

--
0==WW==0
"…axles of evil…" - george w. bush