Suspension, Handling, and Brakes Talk about Struts/springs, coilovers, anti-swaybars, strut bars, steering, Pads, fluid, lines, rotors, calipers, boosters, and anything that is brake and suspension related.

Perrin Rear Sway Bar Installation Problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 07:40 AM

Car Info: 2005 WRX Wagon
Perrin Rear Sway Bar Installation Problems

Searched this site for anyone with a similar experience and only one person mentioned having the same isssue but did not explain how he got it resolved. Purchased a Rear Sway Bar with the upgraded mounts for an 05 WRX wagon problem. Everything seems to fit correctly with the only exception being the right mount. The mount is positioned with the correct orientation and alligned with the body holes. But, the rear bolt does not want to attach to the body. After looking at it, there is some sort of an emission device that shares the same hole with the mount. This device does not fit flash against the body of the mount. I thought about trimming the mount but I was reluctant to do that. Perrin must have considered it prior to marketing this product.
What options are out there? It seems that one option is to purchase a bigger bolt (grade 8 but longer) and force it in but it may make the situation worse. I could file the mount until a better fit is accoomplished.
Any ideas are welcome.
Old 10-02-2007, 06:24 AM

Car Info: 2005 WRX Wagon
Emailed Perrin and discussed the issue with the tech rep. Based on the description, the tech rep concluded that there are missing bolts with the shipment. The new bolts should be roughly 1/4 to 1/2 inch longer that OEM and Perrin mailed them on the same day. Last night, I went by the hardware store and purchased a stainless stell bolt and washer for a couple dollars. Installation worked well and the RSB works perfectly. There are no noices or anything else. The bar is heavy and heavy duty, but that is needed to reduce torsional forces. Overall I am very pleased with the quality of Perrin products. There are a number of people who complained on the design and bashed the Perrin RSB. The endlink from the RSB is roughly one inch appart. I cornered real hard but I did not hear any rubbing or thumbing noices.
Old 10-02-2007, 07:07 AM
Staff Member

Car Info: 06 STI
Great to hear it worked out. Also for Perrin issues or questions in the future, they are also vendors on here. I believe all their usernames start with Perrin