Suspension, Handling, and Brakes Talk about Struts/springs, coilovers, anti-swaybars, strut bars, steering, Pads, fluid, lines, rotors, calipers, boosters, and anything that is brake and suspension related.

Megan Racing Coilovers...

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2005, 12:15 AM

Megan Racing Coilovers...

I been looking for a good coilovers system that would fit my budget. I've read some good reviews on NASIOC about this coilovers and their price is pretty good. I was about to go with Tein basic (which cost the same as these). However, the Megan Racing has 32 way adjustable for only $899! They look like a high quality made. I will be saving up for these bad boy. Anybody riding on these or have any thoughts? Here are some pix of the Megan Racing coilovers....

Name:  megan.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  103.1 KB
Name:  megan2.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  86.2 KB

Last edited by wickedrex; 05-01-2005 at 12:18 AM.
Old 05-01-2005, 07:55 AM

Car Info: POS
I was just reading a thread about these on NASIOC. Everybody seemed happy with them, but nobody is sure on long term reliability on the Subaru.
Old 05-01-2005, 09:56 AM
VIP Member

Location: EBAIC- Wondering if I should have taken the blue pill...
Car Info: 03 WRX wagon type RA
I don't know how these perform on WRX's, but my friend and I just installed these on his 240sx about a month or two ago. The install was pretty straightforward and simple, and he loves the wide range of adjustability. They're alittle too stiff for my tastes, but then again, if you're looking for complete 32 way adjustable coilovers these are hard to beat, in price and performance.
Old 05-02-2005, 04:44 PM
Sarcastic Jackass

Car Info: i drive a beater
I can't understand how a "high quality" unit can be made for such a low price.

Oh, I know; they use a damper that isn't tuned for the car, you have to do that yourself. How much do you know about damper frequencies; adjusting bound and rebound individually? Gotta love one-size-fits-all equipment when it comes to performance goodies.

Whose springs are they using I wonder? Will they sag in a few months?

What type of steels or aluminums are they using for the bodies? Does it include adjusting tools?

This appears to be just another flash in the pan "looks fast" product instead of a go-fast product.
Old 05-02-2005, 06:58 PM

Car Info: POS
here is their site:
http://www.meganracing.com/products/...asp?prodid=349

I agree the price is probably too good to be true, but some people decided to be the test subjects so will see how it works out for them in the long run,i.e. if these hold up.
Old 05-05-2005, 08:56 AM

im getting a set soon, ive only heard great things about these.
Old 05-20-2005, 03:06 PM

Car Info: XPT Stage II '02 Sedona Red WRX 4EAT
I have a set of these and they are a truly high quality coilover .. (apexi sells the same exact thing, made by the same exact company for 2X as much) the adjustability is really handy, change it to super stiff for the track (i.e. no suspension movement at all) , or soften it up for the street. right now with the way I have it set up, they are firm, but not harsh, and body roll is almost non exsistant. as for longevity, I have had them on for about 5,000 miles and they are still as good as new. No clunking, or strange noises either.

I also have a MR exhaust and the quality on it is very high as well.

If anyone has any questions I can give more detalied answers

Last edited by criscross79; 05-20-2005 at 07:54 PM.
Old 05-20-2005, 09:51 PM

Car Info: '99 2.5rs - Rally Blue
heres a product review of some megan racing coilovers
________
Smoke kills

Last edited by svek; 02-20-2011 at 11:43 AM.
Old 05-21-2005, 11:49 AM

where did you buy them from??
Old 05-21-2005, 09:27 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2004 White GDB
you can usually find megan racing products from ebay.

apexi and megan racing get their coilovers from the same production plant. My very poor and cheap friend buys all his stuff from megan racing for his s13. everything on his car is solid and looks like its top-notch quality. i would buy them if i didnt have the money for a set of cusco zero2r.
Old 05-22-2005, 10:51 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRB WRX
they look nice and so far i havent read any complaints about them...but buying something like coilovers off ebay doesnt sound to safe to me. if subydude or someone like that was selling them, then i would feel more comfortable just knowing im buying a product from a trusted seller...so if subydude or gruppe reads this please start stocking em cause id buy lol, im just scared to buy em off ebay.
Old 05-22-2005, 11:16 PM

Car Info: 2004 WRX IMPREZA SEDAN
megan racing is down the street from my house
Old 05-25-2005, 12:39 AM

Originally Posted by wickedrex
I been looking for a good coilovers system that would fit my budget. I've read some good reviews on NASIOC about this coilovers and their price is pretty good. I was about to go with Tein basic (which cost the same as these). However, the Megan Racing has 32 way adjustable for only $899! They look like a high quality made. I will be saving up for these bad boy. Anybody riding on these or have any thoughts? Here are some pix of the Megan Racing coilovers....

where did you get them for 899?

Quick Reply: Megan Racing Coilovers...