Suspension, Handling, and Brakes Talk about Struts/springs, coilovers, anti-swaybars, strut bars, steering, Pads, fluid, lines, rotors, calipers, boosters, and anything that is brake and suspension related.

Little help from the Gurus out there: Clicking/tapping noises???

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 05:28 PM

Car Info: 2006 WRX Wagon
Little help from the Gurus out there: Clicking/tapping noises???

I've searched this thread and on NASIOC, but couldn't seem to find anyone with the same problem.

Setup: '06 WRX Wagon, Prodrive springs, stock struts, braided SS brakelines, stock 4/2 pot brakes, DBA 4000 slotted rotors on the front, stock rear rotors.

Problem: Hearing a constant slight clicking/tapping noise from both front wheels while driving with the windows down (clicking/tapping rate depends on my speed). Not real loud, but audible when driving next to objects (when sound bounces back). Mainly noticeable between 35-45 MPH. No negative braking performance noticed. There are no other issues (i.e. popping noises when turning the wheel to full lock etc.)

I just recently (within a month) took my car to Cap. Subaru and had them change out my stock front rotors to the DBA 4000 slotted rotors. I've checked, nothing stuck in my tires, and nothing rubbing against the rotors/calipers (as far as I can see since I don't have a lift). Any advice/help would be appreciated. I figure I'd try the forums first to get some help before taking it in again to Subaru.

Old 03-27-2010, 09:17 AM

Car Info: 2006 STI, Grey
Does it happen when you move slowly forward or rear? I might be your mounts for your struts, Sti's and wrx's are bad with those.