Suspension, Handling, and Brakes Talk about Struts/springs, coilovers, anti-swaybars, strut bars, steering, Pads, fluid, lines, rotors, calipers, boosters, and anything that is brake and suspension related.

KYB AGX fitments on 02-03 WRX wagon

Old 07-13-2004, 08:05 AM

Car Info: was 05 WRX Wagon
KYB AGX fitments on 02-03 WRX wagon

KYB sells a set of AGXs for 02+ WRX sedans, but not for wagons. My question is:
-Will sedan AGXs (02+) work on wagons and if so, are there any issues (camber, fitment in the front area, etc.)?

Aslo, I've had people say that KYB AGXs for GC8s could be used in the front, but not the rear (spring perch is lower than the GDA/B specific sedan struts). Would it be a good idea to use GC8 AGXs for the front and GDA/B AGXs for the rear?

Any help would be much appreciated.

-Soren
Old 07-14-2004, 08:13 PM

Car Info: 04 GGA+
Originally Posted by redrex
KYB sells a set of AGXs for 02+ WRX sedans, but not for wagons. My question is:
-Will sedan AGXs (02+) work on wagons and if so, are there any issues (camber, fitment in the front area, etc.)?

Aslo, I've had people say that KYB AGXs for GC8s could be used in the front, but not the rear (spring perch is lower than the GDA/B specific sedan struts). Would it be a good idea to use GC8 AGXs for the front and GDA/B AGXs for the rear?

Any help would be much appreciated.

-Soren
The ears where the strut attaches to the knuckle are longer on the sedan vs wagon, thus you will have camber issues w/ the sedan struts. Lot's of folks have run them though and overcame these isues. Folks were running the GC8 ones early on, the issue was too much camber w/ these- I think only in the rear.

It's an interesting idea running the different struts front/rear (don't know if they sell them that way or not?)- it just might work.

Big Sky
Old 07-18-2004, 07:10 PM

Car Info: .............................................................................
For the wagon...you can use the BC8 fronts and the WRX rears...at least there are several NASIOC guys using that combo and lovin' it.,...
Old 07-22-2004, 07:51 PM

Car Info: 2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS
Need some help guys, just bought kyb struts and I need some help, trying to do it in a nite at a local shop where my car cannot stay the nite. questions are a. I am assuming I need a spring compressor? and b is there a way that I can get a spring, strut and strut tower all in a package that I can carry around and then put on? thanks
Old 07-29-2004, 08:09 PM

The strut tower is part of the body structure, that's going to be difficult to carry around.

There's no reason you can't assemble complete strut modules and install them as units. You'll need top mounts, spring seats, jounce bumpers, dust tubes and fasteners.
Old 07-29-2004, 08:15 PM

Car Info: 2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS
thanks that is what I meant, not the actual body of the car. I had got sti strut mounts and kyb struts and I wanted to use the stock ride height springs. thanx
Old 08-03-2004, 01:42 PM

GC8 KYB front, WRX KYB rear on wagon

Hi guys, I have ordered a pair of GC8 fronts, part number 734006 and 734007 and WRX rears, 734306, 734307 along with Eibach Pro springs for wagons. The Eibach box says it will drop my wagon 1" all around.
I have 17" ROTA Battle, with an offset of 48 and have Ventis 235/40/17 wrapped around them. (The Ventus tires, eventhough it's 235, seems to be narrower than some of the 225s I've seen).

So I guess I will let you guys know if it will rub after the suspension upgrade. I hope not.

Also, in the East Bay, other than MPJPerformance, where else would you take your car in for the work? I like the guys at MPJ, but they don't do alignments. I'd like to do all this work all in one place.

Thanks in advance for any help!!

Last edited by macao_friend; 08-03-2004 at 01:45 PM.
Old 08-11-2004, 10:23 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by macao_friend
Hi guys, I have ordered a pair of GC8 fronts, part number 734006 and 734007 and WRX rears, 734306, 734307 along with Eibach Pro springs for wagons. The Eibach box says it will drop my wagon 1" all around.
I have 17" ROTA Battle, with an offset of 48 and have Ventis 235/40/17 wrapped around them. (The Ventus tires, eventhough it's 235, seems to be narrower than some of the 225s I've seen).

So I guess I will let you guys know if it will rub after the suspension upgrade. I hope not.

Also, in the East Bay, other than MPJPerformance, where else would you take your car in for the work? I like the guys at MPJ, but they don't do alignments. I'd like to do all this work all in one place.

Thanks in advance for any help!!

Hey... any update on your suspension upgrade? I'd like to see how it turned out -- I'm looking at your setup as one of my options for my 04 wagon too.
Old 08-12-2004, 08:48 AM

Auto Innovation installed the suspension on my wagon yesterday. Everything was smooth, took a little less than 2 hours to install and alignment.

So far, I haven't run into any rubbing issues yet, just tested it with on/off ramps, Redwood road tested, but since it was early, there were some cars on the road, so I couldn't go too fast around the corners. I will have to give it another try at night.

The AGXs are set to 2 for stiffness at all 4 corners. .5 degree of camber up front and 1 degree camber in the rear. The drive is a lot more fun, and a lot less body roll

My tires are Hankook Ventus 235/40/17 on Rota wheels. I've heard that the Ventus, eventhough they say they are 235, are actually narrower than the 225 SO3s. Plus the profile is 40, not 45...so maybe that helped me with the rubbing issue.

The whole package costed me $840. That's from getting the parts to getting them installed and aligned.

I really like the way the car drives now, I just wish I'd done this sooner!

-John
Old 08-26-2004, 11:53 PM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
does anybody have problems with thier AGXs and the adjustmetn not turning
Old 08-27-2004, 08:43 AM

I've turned them from 2 to 3 to 4 and back to 2 and they are ok still. The instructions did say you have to put the dial down before turning or you can mess up the struts. So I hope you didn't loan you car to someone and that someone messed it up.
Old 08-27-2004, 09:08 AM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
yeah i did that and a i called up KYB and they said to throw some WD-40 down there to get it to go
Old 08-27-2004, 11:41 AM

Car Info: 2002 wrx wagon
i bought the kyb agx front and back...before this thread i thought that they would fine with out problem on a 02 wagon. so exactly what might i have to do to make these fit? or will i have to get something else? thanks
Old 09-02-2004, 03:53 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: nonplussed
If you're looking, someone on the board pointed here a while back:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: KYB AGX fitments on 02-03 WRX wagon