Suspension, Handling, and Brakes Talk about Struts/springs, coilovers, anti-swaybars, strut bars, steering, Pads, fluid, lines, rotors, calipers, boosters, and anything that is brake and suspension related.

just installed new progress rear sway bar

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2005, 04:18 PM
VIP Member

just installed new progress rear sway bar

ok i just installed a progress rear sway/hd mounts and kartboy endlinks. now i take it out for a test drive.
i have work emotion 18 inch rims w/ parada spec 2 tires.
before i had the sway bar i could not loose traction and i could take corners pretty fast without any squeal at all
now i installed the sway bar at the middle hole (medium setting) and my rear end breaks loose now. its fun to power over corners and stuff but my question is... DOES MY CAR HANDLE WORSE THAN BEFORE?? it kinda seems that if i loose traction easier my car wouldnt handle as well.
thanks in advance
Old 04-08-2005, 08:40 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 PSM WRX
Whether your car handles better or not since you installed the RSB depends on your preference and needs. If you plan on autoXing rotation can be a good thing but if you just plan on some spirited driving and you’re a slow in fast out kind of guy I would set it to the softest position.

One of the things people don’t like about the WRX is its tendency to understeer. Installing a RSB like you did will help this by decreasing roll and traction in the rear. Since you set it to the middle position your car is now oversteering so if you don’t like it set it to the softest position and you should be closer to neutral.

BTW, auto manufacturers set cars to understeer since it’s a lot safer than a car that oversteers.
Old 04-15-2005, 02:00 PM
VIP Member

this was scary
so after a few days i check underneath the car. the bolt holding the swaybar to the kartboy endlinks is almost all the way backed out!! kinda scared me cuz if i didnt check now the bolt woulda fallen off.
i heard the infamous clunk so thats why i checked.
i torqued the bolts to 30 lbs to spec and im wondering will these come out again? have you guys had problems with always tightening your swaybar.
this time i bought some locktite and torqued it to 30.
thanks