Suspension, Handling, and Brakes Talk about Struts/springs, coilovers, anti-swaybars, strut bars, steering, Pads, fluid, lines, rotors, calipers, boosters, and anything that is brake and suspension related.

Endlinks - Better Handling

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2003, 03:50 PM

Car Info: Boosted Geo Prizm
The endlinks on the sedan are different from the wagon. We dont need no stinkn' links Also the Wagon makes use of a larger swaybar better then a sedan. So your handling mods would not net the same effect on a sedan. The wagon is more or less better at rotating the rear around.
Old 07-26-2003, 12:08 AM

Car Info: 1993/2000/2001 GF4 mostly red
Endlinks, especially rear, will have an effect on sedans. I don't think the links have more of an effect than the larger bar itself does, but it is noticeable and worth having.
Old 07-27-2003, 04:35 PM

Car Info: 03 Rex: HKS, Injen, Apexi, Perrin, Rota
Thumbs up Endlinks should come with aftermarket bars!

if you get a new antiswaybar, you need to get some links to go with it. its kinda like how you get fries with a burger; or beer with your pizza... they go together like vanilla and rootbeer. a heftier swaybar on its own is very nice, it will yield some nice results which the operator is sure to notice immediately; buuuutttt... when you mate them up with a nice set of links (i am running all Perrin stuff) the performance of the new swaybar is multiplied.

the plastic in the stock endlinks (thats the rear ones of course) is very stout, i don't believe it could flex; but the woosey rubber bushings at each end of the link are about as useful as whale feces. when you put in the endlinks, they form a direct connection (nerve, if you will) straight up to the chassis. with the stock links, there is some lag time (body roll) which must occur as the soft rubber bushings compress; before the stiff bar can do its job and halt the rollin'

solid endlinks and/or larger swaybars do not adversely affect the ride at all. at the very most, and this is a stretch, they might transmit a small amount of vibration up to the chassis. but it is nothin' compared to what the Tein flex C/O's send toward the softbutts in the seats...

i love my Perrin bar and endlink combo. it has breathed new life into the handling of the rex in my driveway. and i love performance mods that are hidden deep inside the blue beast. only true enthusiasts notice the silver swaybar hangers and then lean over to peek at what lies beneath... haha, whoever reads this and is wondering if they should buy some links... DO IT!!! NOW!!! they are worth the $$$ later, Bennie
Old 07-31-2003, 01:56 PM

Car Info: www.tristatetuners.com
the plastic in the stock endlinks (thats the rear ones of course) is very stout, i don't believe it could flex; but the woosey rubber bushings at each end of the link are about as useful as whale feces.
You mean to tell me all the hype I have read about whale feces is not true????
Old 07-31-2003, 06:35 PM

Car Info: 03 Rex: HKS, Injen, Apexi, Perrin, Rota
Lightbulb uuuhhhh....

i just know what i run my fingers through... you guys in Philly may very well have discovered a new strain of whale feces of a much higher, and more desireable, quality. haha
Old 08-01-2003, 04:49 PM
@Stoptech

Car Info: 2002 WRX Wagon
hahahaha

i need endlinks, i have f and r cusco swaybars, tein c/os, wheels, tires... and stock endlinks on a wagon. JACKASS!!!

who sells the noltec endlinks?
Old 08-06-2003, 06:07 PM

$200 just for links, or was that including the sway bar?
Old 08-06-2003, 11:37 PM

Car Info: 02 RS
Originally posted by BAN SUVS
$200 just for links, or was that including the sway bar?
it was probably for both the rear and front endlinks which noltec offers for both WRX and wagons.
Old 08-07-2003, 12:51 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRX Wagon
i don't think front endlinks are necessary. i have the kartboy endlinks and i bought from oakos.com for $100 shipped and a cusco rear sway bar.

Mootis: you should really consider switching your sway bar to 22mm (outer hole) unless you have upgraded the struts/shocks. Even the 22mm is pushing the reliability with the OEM equipment. The sedan has a 20mm and i feel that ~22mm is the max on OEM struts.
Old 08-08-2003, 10:52 PM

The sway bar won't affect the struts. The force of the sway bar acts directly on the control arms- they actually make the strut do less work. However, 22mm and larger put a lot of stress on the sway bar mounts themselves. If you go 22 or higher, be prepared to break them. Good news is, Whiteline HD mounts are actually less than replacing the stocks. Less than the bar cost in the first place as well.

Quick Reply: Endlinks - Better Handling