Suspension, Handling, and Brakes Talk about Struts/springs, coilovers, anti-swaybars, strut bars, steering, Pads, fluid, lines, rotors, calipers, boosters, and anything that is brake and suspension related.

Cusco Camber plate question

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2004, 02:03 PM

Car Info: 02wrx wrb COBB stage II, 93 Nissan Z, 98 Honda Prelude SH, blah, blah, blah who cares
Cusco Camber plate question

Forgive me if I sound like a noob, but I'm not familiar with camber/caster plates. I have an 02 wrx with the Sti struts and Cusco camber plates. I had to have tie rod replaced under warranty the other day at the dealership. After they replaced it they aligned the front end too. Well now a day later there's a creaking noise coming from the top of the strut when I corner and turn the wheel under load (like braking). I think they may have messed with the strut perch, but I can't prove it and they won't look at it since it's aftermarket stuff. I'm just not sure the proper way to tighten the perch to the top plate. Does it need to be on a jack stand or can it be under load. It looks like there is an allen key in the center of a hex bolt, and I'm not sure which way they should be rotated to tighten properly. I just want to make sure I don't undo something that shouldn't be. The allen key rotates freely inside of the hex bolt? Any ideas?