LIC Motorsports Modified Knuckles

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2011, 12:54 PM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: MY04 STi some call it a race car
LIC Motorsports Modified Knuckles

LIC Motorsports has worked long and hard to bring these to market but finally they have arrived. There is a slew of options to choose from in regards to what will work best for your application, be sure to review all options below.

Here is a quick breakdown of the options.

-5x114.3 to 5x100 applications (no geometry correction)
-5x114.3 to 5x100 applications (geometry corrected)
-5x114.3 (geometry corrected)
-5x114.3 bearings to 5x100 lug conversion

First Option

The LIC Motorsports 5x114.3 modified knuckles for 5x100 applications is designed for people looking to upgrade there front wheel bearings but aren't wanting to upgrade everything else (axles, transmission, struts, etc...) to STi.

These modified knuckle's have been filled, redrilled, and precision CNC machined to fit the 5x100 strut housings. In addition the knuckle has been trimmed where the brake calipers mount, that way more aftermarket brake applications will fit universally with it.

The knuckle's are sold in pairs and come bare (Please review the available configurations for the correct product for your needs).

Available in 5 Configurations

-Knuckles Only (kit includes: Left and Right Knuckles ONLY)
-Bearings + Bolts for 5x114.3 Lug Pattern (kit includes: Left/Right Knuckles, x2 Wheel Bearings, x8 Wheel Bearing Bolts)
-Bearings + Bolts for 5x100 Lug Pattern (kit includes: Left/Right Knuckles, x2 Wheel Bearings modified to accept 5x100 rotors/wheels, x8 Wheel Bearing Bolts)
Complete Package for 5x114.3 Lug Pattern (kit includes: Left/Right Knuckles, x2 Wheel Bearings, x8 Wheel Bearing Bolts, x4 Brake Caliper Bolts, x2 Axle Nuts, x1 set of LIC Motorsports ABS/Speedo Ring Spacers. Must put in comments section when checking out what size you need: either 8mm or 6mm)
-Complete Package for 5x100 Lug Pattern (kit includes: Left/Right Knuckles, x2 Wheel Bearings modified to accept 5x100 rotors/wheels, x8 Wheel Bearing Bolts, x4 Brake Caliper Bolts, x2 Axle Nuts, x1 set of LIC Motorsports ABS/Speedo Ring Spacers. Must put in comments section when checking out what size you need: either 8mm or 6mm)

Second Option

The LIC Motorsports modified and geometry corrected 5x114.3 knuckles for 5x100 applications is designed for people looking to upgrade their front wheel bearings, roll centers, and bump steer geometry from having a lowered vehicle but at the same time aren't wanting to upgrade everything else that goes with it (axles, transmission, struts, etc...) to STi.

The geometry corrected and modified knuckles have been filled, redrilled, and precision CNC machined to fit the 5x100 strut housings. In addition the knuckle has been trimmed where the brake calipers mount, that way more aftermarket brake applications will fit universally with it. The roll center/bump steer area has been corrected and will accommodate vehicles 1.5” lower from stock all the way down to 4” lower than stock and still maintain proper geometry throughout. *if wanted to rebump steer the car it can easily be done with adjustment of different spacers. Current configuration is what LIC Motorsports has found to work best*

Available in 5 Configurations

-Knuckles Only (kit includes: Left and Right Geometry Corrected Knuckles + Geometry Hardware)
-Bearings + Bolts for 5x114.3 Lug Pattern (kit includes: Left and Right Geometry Corrected Knuckles + Geometry Hardware, x2 Wheel Bearings, x8 Wheel Bearing Bolts)
-Bearings + Bolts for 5x100 Lug Pattern (kit includes: Left and Right Geometry Corrected Knuckles + Geometry Hardware, x2 Wheel Bearings modified to accept 5x100 rotors/wheels, x8 Wheel Bearing Bolts)
-Complete Package for 5x114.3 Lug Pattern (kit includes: Left and Right Geometry Corrected Knuckles + Geometry Hardware, x2 Wheel Bearings, x8 Wheel Bearing Bolts, x2 Axle Nuts, x1 set of LIC Motorsports ABS/Speedo Ring Spacers. Must put in comments section when checking out what size you need: either 8mm or 6mm)
-Complete Package for 5x100 Lug Pattern (kit includes: Left and Right Geometry Corrected Knuckles + Geometry Hardware, x2 Wheel Bearings modified to accept 5x100 rotors/wheels, x8 Wheel Bearing Bolts, x2 Axle Nuts, x1 set of LIC Motorsports ABS/Speedo Ring Spacers. Must put in comments section when checking out what size you need: either 8mm or 6mm)

Third Option

The LIC Motorsports modified and geometry corrected 5x114.3 knuckles is designed for people looking to upgrade their front roll centers/bump steer geometry from having a lowered vehicle.

The geometry corrected knuckles are precision CNC machined/modified to accommodate these often over looked but necessary changes. In addition the knuckle has been trimmed where the brake calipers mount, that way more aftermarket brake applications will fit universally with it. The roll center/bump steer area has been corrected and will accommodate vehicles 1.5” lower from stock all the way down to 4” lower than stock and still maintain proper geometry throughout. *if wanted to rebump steer the car it can easily be done with adjustment of different spacers. Current configuration is what LIC Motorsports has found to work best*

Available in 2 Configurations

- Knuckles Only (kit includes: Left and Right Geometry Corrected Knuckles + Geometry Hardware)
- Complete Package (kit includes:Left and Right Geometry Corrected Knuckles + Geometry Hardware, x2 Wheel Bearings, x8 Wheel Bearing Bolts, x2 Axle Nuts)

All these application specific knuckles can be found in our LIC Motorsports + Knuckles Catalog: LIC Motorsports + Knuckles Catalog | Buy Online at LICmotorsports.com!

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________

Just released!

LIC Motorsports 5x114.3 to 5x100 Bearing/Hub Conversion*

LIC Motorsports has been working long and hard to bring these 5x114.3 to 5x100 conversion Bearings/Hubs to the marketplace. Ever since the release of the custom modified knuckles back in early 2011, the demand has been made and it is now available.

Commonly folks whom track their cars are trying to upgrade the bearings b/c the older style stuff just has too much failure under harsher conditions. These OEM 05+ STi bearing/hub assemblies have been machined down to fit the WRX and 04 STi. The lug pattern has been changed/drilled to 5x100 and outer OD has been trimmed to accommodate the smaller ID in those rotors. This is a perfect way to do things in stages and avoid the step of having to get rid of the current 5x100 wheels/rotors. These bearings still require the use of 05+ Knuckles (be sure to check out all the optoins LIC Motorsports has available in the "Knuckles Catalog", which cover's everyone's needs to be able to run these units).

Notes:

-Fitment: 02-07 WRX, 04-08 FXT, 04 STi
-Will require the use of LIC Motorsports 6mm or 8mm ABS/Speedo Ring Spacer
-ARP Extended Studs can be substitued
-Sold in pairs only (Quanity 2)

These can be found in our Bearings/Hubs Catalog: LIC Motorsports + Bearings/Hubs Catalog | Buy Online at LICmotorsports.com!

-Noah

Last edited by LICmotorsports; 04-23-2012 at 09:24 AM.
Old 10-13-2011, 01:07 PM

Car Info: A Dirty Car
Bravo gentlemen, Great work!
Old 10-13-2011, 05:15 PM
Former Sponsor

Thank you!

-Noah
Old 10-13-2011, 05:19 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Invoice me for a set minus bearings for an '05 STi, bitter sehr.
Old 10-13-2011, 05:21 PM
Former Sponsor

we can do that!

let me know if you want the modified rears as well? we have them coming out too

-Noah
Old 10-20-2011, 12:02 PM
Former Sponsor

Here is a set installed on a 2009 STi.

Being that this customer already has all the hardware/bearings needed he was able to opt for the "Knuckles Only" kit.

This 2008 STi kit can be found here: LIC Motorsports Front Geometry Corrected 5x114.3 Knuckles (08+ STi) / Buy online at LICmotorsports.com!

More applications: LIC Motorsports Knuckles Catalog

Press Release: LIC Motorsports Modified and Geometry Corrected Knuckles are released

-Noah
Old 10-23-2011, 08:40 AM
Former Sponsor

Modified/Geometry Corrected rear knuckles (04-07 WRX/STi) are done and will be available shortly.

Modified/Geometry Corrected rear knuckles (08+ STi) are in process of being developed and will be available soon.

-Noah

Last edited by LICmotorsports; 10-23-2011 at 08:42 AM.
Old 11-18-2011, 09:50 AM
Former Sponsor

2 more sets of knuckles ordered and shipped out!

-Noah
Old 12-02-2011, 07:53 AM
Former Sponsor

2 more sets of knuckles shipped out this week

-Noah
Old 12-02-2011, 09:40 AM

Car Info: 2004 STI
Can you PM me a price for knuckles to fit my 5x100 struts without geometry correction and the ABS tone ring adapters? I have the rest of the kit already.

Thanks.
Old 12-02-2011, 09:44 AM
Former Sponsor

No need to PM, its all listed on the website.

5x100 w/o geometry correction:

LIC Motorsports Front 5x114.3 Knuckles for 5x100 (02-07 WRX, 04 STi) Subaru LIC 030790.1/2 | Buy Online from LIC Motorsports

ABS Spacers:

http://www.licmotorsports.com/produc...mm_lic-0207116

http://www.licmotorsports.com/produc...mm_lic-0207118

-Noah

Last edited by LICmotorsports; 12-02-2011 at 10:08 AM.
Old 12-02-2011, 11:44 AM

Ahhh. I see. Thanks for the links.
Old 12-02-2011, 01:27 PM
Former Sponsor

no problem

-Noah
Old 12-02-2011, 08:56 PM
Former Sponsor

and should mention these are in stock and ready to ship (if you end up going that route), would highly recommend converting your rears to all 5x114.3, we have those parts too. the nice thing about having an 04 STi is its a simple hub/bearing conversion on the rear and obviously we have the fronts taken care of as well. Rear parts run like $500 (off top of my head)...just thought I would toss this info your way.

Let me know

-Noah
Old 12-02-2011, 10:12 PM

I'll probably give my car a nice gift for X-mas and wait on the rear bearings and hubs until I figure out what rims I want. Hope to be out at GTA next season and have to figure out my expenses first. We'll see.

Quick Reply: LIC Motorsports Modified Knuckles