Suby Shopping & Maintenance/Warranty Buying a Subaru? Buying, negotiating, financing, insurance, etc. Maintenance/Warranty topics can be discussed here too.

lowest price on 04 or 05 STi

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2004, 04:53 PM

Car Info: 05 Black w/ Gold STi
Originally Posted by rasetsu
The average price of a home in So Cal now is $450,000. Some of these homes are from the '40s and are seriously tear-downs. A new town home in West LA is about $500K. Truly insane. The market is overinflated pretty much everywhere except Texas.
that's what a lot of houses around here are going for, although there is a greater mix of newer houses for that price range. hell my small (~2000 sq ft) townhouse cost almost 300k. and i'm in an area that's a bit further out. my mom sells new townhouse and they are going for 400-450k. other builders in her area are up into the 500ks or higher. truly insane.

The wing is a bit distracting, but I like it when I see if from the outside. As for payments, there's no way I could have afforded it if it wasn't for the 2.9% APR.
yea the 1.9% APR special from subaru sure is tempting... too bad it's only for 36 months. i'll probably get a home equity loan for the car, the rate will be higher but i can write a big part of the payment off on my taxes.
Old 11-05-2004, 12:12 PM
Former Vendor

Car Info: Evo X
thanks man! is there a way to figure out the exact amount? BTW, they don't really stand in the line for me right? Just just mail the sucker in for me that's all, right?

Originally Posted by ericdared81
The registration fee is paying for your tags. It's the same fee that you pay every year to renew. If you buy a 30,000 dollar car your reg fee is about 250-300 depending on where you live

The Doc fee is what DMV charges the dealership to process the paperwork. It can get waived but all your doing is getting another 45 off the price of the car. Your actually still paying the fee
Old 11-05-2004, 12:26 PM
Dirty Redhead

Car Info: 05 WRX Wagon (Crystal Gray)
Originally Posted by iBlueVirus
thanks man! is there a way to figure out the exact amount? BTW, they don't really stand in the line for me right? Just just mail the sucker in for me that's all, right?
No they don't stand in line. They do have to do some phone work though.

Yeah there are some tables I think you can get that can figure it out for you. We just have the computer system that when you put in the car and the customers location it brings it up automatically.
Old 11-06-2004, 08:46 AM

Brand new '04 STI with 19 miles
Boost Gauge, dimming mirror, wheel locks, security system
Never been test driven.

$28.8k - $500 Suby-bucks = $28.3k

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWN%3AIT
Old 11-06-2004, 10:08 AM
Former Vendor

Car Info: Evo X
now, only if I could find an 05 like this...

Originally Posted by Reno STI
Brand new '04 STI with 19 miles
Boost Gauge, dimming mirror, wheel locks, security system
Never been test driven.

$28.8k - $500 Suby-bucks = $28.3k

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...TRK%3AMEWN%3AIT

Last edited by Kevin M; 11-07-2004 at 12:43 PM.
Old 11-06-2004, 03:25 PM
Dirty Redhead

Car Info: 05 WRX Wagon (Crystal Gray)
Originally Posted by EddieS
i just bought my osidian black 05 sti 3 days ago.
$31822 OTD. Im a sales person for nissan so I went in talking business. If youre looking for an STi in the NOVA area, see Don Beyer Subaru/Volvo in Alexandria VA. At above price I thought I paid too much.... it looks like I did a good job though!! Picked up the car with 4 miles on it.
In virginia what kind of sales tax or lic do you pay?
Old 11-08-2004, 04:53 AM

Originally Posted by EddieS
i just bought my osidian black 05 sti 3 days ago.
$31822 OTD. Im a sales person for nissan so I went in talking business. If youre looking for an STi in the NOVA area, see Don Beyer Subaru/Volvo in Alexandria VA. At above price I thought I paid too much.... it looks like I did a good job though!! Picked up the car with 4 miles on it.

wow thanks for the tip. i'm over in MD, but it's only a short hop to alexandria and to get it for $31822 OTD it would be a trip worth making.

who did you deal with there? and can i hire you to do my negotiations for me?
Old 11-08-2004, 09:45 AM

Car Info: 2005 WR blue WRX w/ premium package
sales tax is 7.5% here and if you live in chicago, its 8.5%. anything under 33k OTD for an sti is awesome. good luck. here, in evanston, they sell sti's for invoice and under if you know how to talk.
Old 11-08-2004, 10:06 AM

Not sure what the sales tax difference b/w Alexandia and MD is, but in So Cal, you pay the sales tax of the county that you live in.
In VA sales tax is 3%, in MD it's 5%. it's the same way here, you pay the tax based on the state you live in, so i'll have to pay 5% instead of 3%... oh well.

i found a dealership in MD that has a black STi listed for $30,386 with the boost gauge, auto dimming mirror, security system, and wheel locks. too bad it will probably be gone before i get my act together to get it.

i just found a good way to be able to get the car sooner so i think i'm going to go for some test drives this week. i know i want the STi or WRX, but this gives me an excuse to test out a few other cars for the hell of it, like the 350z and the new mustang.

Quick Reply: lowest price on 04 or 05 STi