Suby Shopping & Maintenance/Warranty Buying a Subaru? Buying, negotiating, financing, insurance, etc. Maintenance/Warranty topics can be discussed here too.

Looking at 05 STi.. any color opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2005, 05:03 PM

Car Info: 2004 WRX in WR Blue
The WRB stands out but not as much as yellow. I was fine until I put the STi wing on. I had a discussion with a police officer at a gas station that like my car and he said is wasn't the color that would draw a lot of attention but my wing.
Old 01-09-2005, 12:44 PM

Car Info: 05 Black w/ Gold STi
i love my Black STi but then again I just picked it up on tuesday this week. I just washed her yesterday and I haven't noticed a problem, she looks gorgeous right now. Sadly I live in a new section of houses where construction is still on going so we'll see how long she stays clean.
Old 01-09-2005, 11:27 PM

Car Info: 03 WRX Sedan MBP/17X7.5 SSR Comps/225 Kumho MX
I have the Midnight Black Pearl paint on my '03 WRX Sedan. Any of the blacks are notorious for showing swirl marks. Bad news: you can't avoid them. I have never run my WRX through a car wash... hand wash only with 100% cotton terry towels for washing and drying and I still get a few swirls marks. Good news: If you follow the directions, a tedious application of Meguiar's Deep Crystal System products will ELIMINATE all swirl marks, and do a lot more. The Step 2 polish is the one that really gets the swirls out, but it's best to go through the full system to begin with.
Old 01-10-2005, 11:12 PM

Car Info: 1973 Huevo Ranchero
i've had a Blue STi and now i have a Black Java Pearl.
when i had the wrb i definitely had more "callouts". with the black i rarely ever.
the black is awesome when clean. sucky when not. swirl marks don't bother me.
i used to own a detailing business i know how to care for my car.
the WRB was nice, but the luster just wasn't as nice as the black.
from selling subies here is my observations- - -
Blue=nice and bright and all that is Subaru-
White=pimp but blah at times(but hides scratches well)
Black=elegant when clean, nasty when not.(shows wax craters more)
Crystal Gray and Silver are good for hiding scratches(and dirt) but tend to not have the same "deep" luster of darker colors

since i've owned the 2 colors you are considering- i suggest the black.
i like the sleeper effect. since you are coming out of a highly noticed color you might enjoy the less attention from the color choice. if you attracr anyones attention let it be from your sound not your color.

aloha from the summit of *-^-Mauna Kea-^-*
Old 01-11-2005, 02:31 PM

just another thought

I'm a WRB fan, but on the other hand, EVERYBODY's STi is WRB. Not that you see like 14 of them per day, but we've stopped stocking the STi in anything but WRB, the last 6 IN A ROW that we've sold have been blue. So, at some level, black is a little more of a departure from the "bandwagon", if it is even possible to be considered on a bandwagon of any sort with an STi