Suby Shopping & Maintenance/Warranty Buying a Subaru? Buying, negotiating, financing, insurance, etc. Maintenance/Warranty topics can be discussed here too.

List of Subaru Dealers Selling for MSRP or better!

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2003, 03:04 PM

Car Info: 2004 STi Black/Gold rims
Matt Slap Subaru, Newark,Delaware

500.00 refundable deposit. MSRP+destination charge.
Old 05-24-2003, 10:04 AM

Car Info: 2004 Platinum Silver WRX
Not that I have any fact behind Subaru not wanting to, but why would Subaru lease these cars when they are in such high demand? Forgive me for being blunt, and nothing personal to the lease seekers on this board, but leasing is typically for people that enjoy trying to live beyond their means or make "status statements" because of the car they drive. Before I get flamed, I know leasing has its benefits for business purposes and some individuals "needs", but the STi is not the type of car a dealer wants to be stuck with after a leasee has used and abused the hell out of it, just to say that they "owned" (rented is more like it) an STi.

Just as Subaru didn't intend the STi to be sold to the "highest bidder" (they priced it for a specific target market and individual), pardon my German (I no longer use French ), but I'm sure Subaru didn't intend the STi to become someone's next lease "*****". Besides, they can't possibly begin to yet predict what the value/residual of the STi will be once it does start hitting the used car market and hopefully to a much lesser extent, the scrap yards. That means that likely no leases, at least for the first year, or until the demand dies down, if ever.

Just MHO!

Dtech

Last edited by Dtech; 05-24-2003 at 10:11 AM.
Old 05-27-2003, 08:05 AM

Car Info: Honda S2000
Originally posted by shingles
Gilman Subaru in Southwest houston.

MSRP, $500 refundable deposit.
Seems like Gilman is backing out. They are saying that they want MSRP + $3K.

-Shing

Quick Reply: List of Subaru Dealers Selling for MSRP or better!