Suby Shopping & Maintenance/Warranty Buying a Subaru? Buying, negotiating, financing, insurance, etc. Maintenance/Warranty topics can be discussed here too.

GONNA BUY a WRX

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2004, 11:42 PM
Admin v2.0

Car Info: 02 Black Legacy GT
Subaru of Santa Cruz.
Old 12-27-2004, 11:58 PM
Admin v2.0

Car Info: 02 Black Legacy GT
What hidden fee's?
Old 12-28-2004, 11:21 AM

Car Info: 2005 STi Silver
im not sure this works but i was wondering what would happen if u went around to 5 or 6 subaru dealerships, get a peice of paper, name all the dealers on it, and then once u find out the price they are willing to giv eit to you for, write it down infront of them, and say thanks for you're time, ill be back if i dont find a better price. do u think thats kind of shady/unethical?
Old 12-28-2004, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by DVS Rex
I may sound like a broken record, but what you have to do is go to subaru.com and use the dealer locator. Then you just e-mail every single dealership for a quote within a 250 mile radius. Downtown Oakland Subaru seems seems very competitive. Are these vehicles not selling? Seems like they all want to sell at invoice if not lower.

thats another idea i was gonna give out, but my queston to DVS Rex is when you email out the request, do you do it seperately or do you have the other email addresses in the carbon copy line so the dealers see who gets it?
Old 12-28-2004, 11:14 PM

Car Info: 05 LGT Wagon, 05 S4 Sedan, 05 WRX (sold)
subaru of santa cruz or carlsen you probably will get same deal on a '05
if any '04 are in stock you can get a great deal, but '05 has worthwhile changes
Old 12-29-2004, 02:08 PM
Dirty Redhead

Car Info: 05 WRX Wagon (Crystal Gray)
You guys go through a lot of trouble to get low prices don't you?
Old 12-29-2004, 05:03 PM

well, if it means saving money, then the trouble is well worth it, a lot of people don't have money like that to throw around, and couple of hundreds of dollars is a lot, u can get an exhaust or springs, so yeah, people do go through a lot of toruble.
Old 12-29-2004, 05:18 PM
Dirty Redhead

Car Info: 05 WRX Wagon (Crystal Gray)
What I meant was that it's alot easier to get a low price than going through all that.

Just go in and find someone that has a good rep selling without the BS and buy the car. If you have to go through all that and then have a bad relationship with the salesperson or dealership because their pissed that you worked them, then they won't help you with anything in the future.

Alot of sales managers and salespeople will bend over backward in the future to help you if you didn't **** them off when you bought the car.
Old 12-30-2004, 01:13 PM
BanHammer™

Car Info: 2001 Forester RS2 SPEC-F
Originally Posted by ericdared81
What I meant was that it's alot easier to get a low price than going through all that.

Just go in and find someone that has a good rep selling without the BS and buy the car. If you have to go through all that and then have a bad relationship with the salesperson or dealership because their pissed that you worked them, then they won't help you with anything in the future.

Alot of sales managers and salespeople will bend over backward in the future to help you if you didn't **** them off when you bought the car.
quoted for truth

Quick Reply: GONNA BUY a WRX