Suby Shopping & Maintenance/Warranty Buying a Subaru? Buying, negotiating, financing, insurance, etc. Maintenance/Warranty topics can be discussed here too.

did i pay too much?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2004, 12:53 PM
Former Vendor

Car Info: Evo X
wow! I would say a good deal is at invoice plus tax, doc, reg. Sorry, but I don't think you could get your money back. Have you picked up the car already? I think as long as you don't take the car off the lot, you could still get off the deal. I remember I did it once with VW. I did all the paperwork and later went back and said the finance rate was way too high and insurance was nuts. Since i haven't picked up the car yet, the deal was void and I went to a suby dealership after.
Old 03-11-2004, 12:55 PM
Former Vendor

Re: did i pay too much?

that sounds like another stevens creek...

Originally posted by PImprezza
i dont recommend going there because all they care about is getting your money. they dont even wait for you to finance yourself with your own bank. they just do the deal behind your back and tell you to pick up your car.
Old 03-12-2004, 07:06 PM
Former Vendor

Re: paid

sales price? or Out the door price? if that's out the door price that's one heck of a deal!

Originally posted by elcue824
I paid 28,600 for an sti
Old 03-12-2004, 07:29 PM

Car Info: 1973 Huevo Ranchero
depending on the state... some states will say- car is not legally yours until you "take delivery". meaning you drive it off the lot... thats why sometimes when people ask dealers if they can pick the car up later they say "drive it around the block 1st.

i try not to make people feel bad for the decisions they make in terms of buying. bottom line is msrp is around 25 or so. where i works we sell em @ msrp. but at one time we were selling them over that because the market at the time called for it. not all states are equal...some states might charge more depending on availability, demand, and depending on what other dealers are charging.