Suby Shopping & Maintenance/Warranty Buying a Subaru? Buying, negotiating, financing, insurance, etc. Maintenance/Warranty topics can be discussed here too.

dealers didn't budge about price...

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2004, 08:21 PM

Car Info: 1973 Huevo Ranchero
pm sent. . .again
Old 05-05-2004, 02:58 AM

gdogg you have mail
Old 05-05-2004, 04:23 AM

Originally Posted by MAVER!CK
gdogg you have mail
k thanks. . . lol which addy did u send it to? can't seem to find it. . .
Old 05-05-2004, 11:41 AM

I sent it to this one: greg@kaneohesubaru.com

later
Kelvin
Old 05-05-2004, 12:01 PM

Car Info: Subaru, Hummer, Cadillac, Buick, GMC, Previously Owned Vehicles
I have been driving Subaru's since 1994. I now own 2 Subaru's and XT and an L. I truly believ in the Subaru line as a whole. It is really nice to see so many of you wanting to step up ta a real performance vehicle instead of the other stuff. In Alaska This is a mainline choice amongst those who are into safety, performance and consistancey. We pay to live in Alaska and also pay the price to be as safe as possible utilizing the most out of our daily activities in which case means driving a SUBARU.

If your looking for a discount on a vehicle that holds it's resale value better than most or even goes up in resale value like our WRX STi. Well your asking all of us owners to take a cut in our personal vehicles because you can't step up to a price that will allow you to be in a performance vehicle. Kinda like buying a house in a nice neighborhood and then a bunch of riff raff buy or rent into the neighborhood. What just happend to the value of that neighbor hood.

I am proud to be a subaru Owner 3 times. You can too. Just step and be a proud owner.

PS. In the last 12 mo. I have seen on record only 1 vehicle stolen & 1 vehicle been broken into. Why? Because noone has da same vehicle as you, different tax barcket, and an overwhelming OHANA! We are the Subaru Owners!

Aloha,

El NINO " The Storm "

Last edited by ElNino; 05-05-2004 at 12:09 PM.
Old 05-05-2004, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by MAVER!CK
I sent it to this one: greg@kaneohesubaru.com

later
Kelvin

k,
got it

aloha
greg
Old 05-05-2004, 12:26 PM

Car Info: Subaru, Hummer, Cadillac, Buick, GMC, Previously Owned Vehicles
how bout's service

Originally Posted by Ripov
i dont know why you guys even hassle with the dealers. i live in south carolina and i have a guy in atlanta who can get me invoice plus $500 on virtually any car, any model. all i have to do is go pick it up (2 hour drive) once he finds it, which usally is pretty quick. my dad in louisiana found another guy that does the same thing in oklahoma. the guy just asked for gas money to drive it down and $500 over invoice. my dad said he saved thousands. surely theres plenty of people like this around. they can arrange good financing also if needed.
i had him price an '04 sti for me about 3 or 4 months ago with the options i wanted and he gave me a price more than $2000 less than what the dealer was offering. thats well worth the 4 hours of driving to atlanta and back. he also offered to deliver it to me for the price of gas and a rental back to atlanta. my dads guy happened to have family nearby where my dad lived so he just charged him the gas money for the trip down.
ask around in your area. search the web. more and more of these guys are popping up. just be sure theyre legitimate businesses. all it takes is a little research.
just my .02
Exactley where on the web is this site. Or what is this persons name? Lets see if we can make him rich so I can get reich too.
Old 05-05-2004, 06:26 PM

i live in south carolina

search the web. more and more of these guys are popping up. just be sure theyre legitimate businesses. all it takes is a little research.
just my .02
i lived in greenville!!
anyways good info Ripov! IMO i don't think that it's all that much needed considering all the resources available online. www.kbb.com www.edmunds.com
are really good sites that tell you how to shop. i'll tell you right now...dealers on the mainland that are not catching up to the i-net revolution had better do it...and fast! on certain cars u guys must understand that selling a car at a "suggested retail price" that comes from the manufacturer is very neccesary. coming from a corporate standpoint...discounting a vehicle to cost is just bad overall for the value of a product. grant it manufacturers offer rebates/incentives to help move a product line...but thats it. in all reality salesmen are not millionaires from selling cars- believe me!

my advice to all consumers in here is to shop for a price and make sure you have your information correct and then offer that to a dealership. although i am thousands of miles away i am available to answer questions u guys may have.
happy shopping!

aloha
greg
Old 05-06-2004, 03:04 AM

Originally Posted by Evil
maybe you dont realize this... but invoice +10% is more then msrp.

04 invoice = 28,695
04 msrp = 31,120

10% of invoice is 2,859 dollars

28,695 + 2,869 = 31564 or 344 over msrp
depending on your area thats a good deal since kelley blue book pricing is around 33,000. this middle man does his homework.
Old 05-06-2004, 03:05 AM

i dont think you would save much being in hawaii...probably cost you more.
in hawaii we are not marking our cars over msrp. at least not for the time being.

ATT: maverick
sent ya an email

Last edited by gdogg; 05-06-2004 at 06:57 AM.
Old 05-06-2004, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by Evil
i dont think the area matters.
even in expensive western states, STi can be found for roughly 30k, before tax/licence, etc.
it's already not very smart to pay msrp. but to pay msrp +3xx more, then have it shipped to you, and without being able to actually see the car you are actually buying is really stupid.
the reason why i say area matters is because when u log onto kbb.com or edmunds they always ask for zip code. they understand the fact that certain areas have higher demand than others. if u compare values in alaska versus miami florida i will guarantee you that subarus are valued more in alaska.
paying msrp will only be a really bad situation if the majority of the dealers in your area are selling them under msrp and then you decide to pay msrp or more at another dealership.

i agree with it being unwise to buy a car before physically seeing it and driving it. which leads me to another question. say if you were in greenville, s.c. and buy from a dealership in georgia. . . from georgia to the site of delivery. . . who is legally responsible for the car until it reaches your hands? and what if you see various dents/dings or anything questionable? can that middle man take care of those things for you? just a little thought.

*another attempt @ wisdom*

aloha
greg

Quick Reply: dealers didn't budge about price...