Suby Shopping & Maintenance/Warranty Buying a Subaru? Buying, negotiating, financing, insurance, etc. Maintenance/Warranty topics can be discussed here too.

Car broken. Fixed under warranty. Still broken.

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2004, 03:29 PM
Admin v2.0

Car Info: 02 Black Legacy GT
Car broken. Fixed under warranty. Still broken.

%$*%$&*%$%$!!!

I will keep it short. Need some advice. I have never had any warranty work done before (besides a window switch) so I am not sure what to do.

1. Stock 02 Legacy.
2. Conrod bearing #1 goes bad.
3. Motor starts making noise.
4. Dropped off the car at the dealer.
5. Waited 3 weeks to get it fixed.
6. Warranty.
7. Picked up the car.
8. Oil leaking though every hole on the motor.
9. #$%^&!!!!!!
10. Unsure what to do.
11. I live in SF area. Warranty was done by a dealership in LA.

Please give me some advice.
Old 05-09-2004, 04:15 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
You should be able to take your car to any dealer for warranty. Take it into an SF or Bay Area dealer (probably Santa Cruz, right? ), tell em what happened and have them fix the car. Since your work was originally performed under warranty at another Subaru dealer, ALL dealers are supposed to warranty that work.

Then I'd write a letter to the dealer in LA letting them know they did poor work on your car.

edit: oh, and if they mess with you, you could tell them you're the god father of one of the biggest online Subaru communities and see what they think about that
Old 05-09-2004, 08:37 PM
I <3 White Girls

Car Info: E92 M3, E70, F32, E21
I heard santa cruz is ****ty now.

take it to carlsen....bassplayrr on i-club had problems with green valley subaru in fairfield....called SOA(800-subaru-3) and told them that they didn't fix his car right so he took it to carlsen, and they will be repairing green valleys screw up.

Call SOA, it does wonders..it will also get you free things like oil changes and stuff....which you probably dont need...but still.

-Zoeb
Old 05-10-2004, 08:39 AM

Car Info: 04' wrx
That sucks! Now you probably have to have it towed if it's leaking that bad. I would call that dealer and tell him the situation. If he gives you any guff i would tell him your going to another dealer and your going to write SOA and tell them what has happened. I would also tell them(If they are uncooperative) That your are going to do whatever it takes to discredit them. I would tell them your status with I-club and the rest of the Subaru community. I would also tell them that your wrath will come down on them like the white hot intensity of a thousand suns! Then i would say thank you and hang up! Just my opinion! Good luck!
Old 05-12-2004, 11:46 AM

Car Info: 02 Silver WRX Wagon
Who said Santa Cruz is ***tty now? They've gotten tougher on people breaking crap after heavy modding but for a clear cut stock warranty case you should have 0 trouble. You should know that, are you punking us??
Old 05-25-2004, 12:13 AM

Car Info: 04' wrx
Imprezer, what happened with your car?
Old 05-28-2004, 06:28 PM

Car Info: silver 2.5 tr 2006MT wrx
imprezer[B] you will not belive this, i have an 02 rs and the same ext thing happened to me today, friday the 28 of may, oil was shooting everywhere, i had it in for service 2.5 weeks ago, i got it back on tuesday, and bam like that it went on me and the best part i was not even doing anything but driving through traffic,
i had it i becasue there was this hrrible rattling goin on, the changed the timing belt tensioner,
then it was still the the said it was a bent wrist pin,
they took it aprt
#2#4 pistons where scuffed up on the skirts
they had to replace all 4 pistons the crank bearings the conrod bearings
the head guy there through in a new belt for me(descent)
a new cam i think.
but my old man works at Mack trucks and freind of his there said that the noise is called piston slap and it most likkely was out of some kinda timing.
but the cool thing is they fixed it, gave a caddy as rental which was cool, they said it was comparable to mine.
but the funny thing is when i got my rs back, (idid not relize how much of a go kart they realy are, how small) it drove better then when i bought it.
and the kick in the *****, after all that work they did some seal or gasket is leaking like crazy all of my oil came out, and it looks like it came out at the back of the oil pan, where it meeets the short block.
Old 06-02-2004, 01:04 PM

today i got a call to tell me what is up, they said it was pushing oil out of the crankshaft seal an o ring made of rubber at the back of th engine behid the fklywheel, they fixed it thn drove it and it blew out more oil agin, they said was building up oil pressure and forcing it's way out there, subaru said it may be because the return weep hole fo te oil maybe clogged they will check it out. ooh well, such is life.
Old 06-03-2004, 11:11 AM

Car Info: 2004 WRX
Try Jenson Motors in Napa. They are the best dealer I've ever had. They take care of my issues and then some. I highly recommend their service department.
Old 06-17-2004, 03:22 PM

i got my ride back a few days ago, and it is running like a charm, the return line was the problem it was blocked, they got it fixed for me and i have no more problems except the bad allignment that i have. no cost to me thank you subaru.
Old 06-28-2004, 01:24 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRX wagon
3000 miles away, my 02 showroom stock WRX with 24k only, developed the well documented clutch chatter. I also got the cruise control callin, so I had both of them done the same day, got a "thanks for your business" a followup quiz from SOA and a call from the original salesman asking if all was OK. I, of course, said YES! The dealer: Curry Ford/Subaru, Yorktown Heights, NY.