Suby Shopping & Maintenance/Warranty Buying a Subaru? Buying, negotiating, financing, insurance, etc. Maintenance/Warranty topics can be discussed here too.

2005-2006 Subaru XUV

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2004, 05:30 PM
VIP Member

Location: Are you too one of the few still living the past? Well I can change that! With a simple wicket. Yes, my friend, a wicket. PM for details.
Car Info: No car right now....sob.
Originally Posted by goningsxr
i have not heard, however, that sounds very interesting. would u or anybody reading this forum trade in or refrain from buying a wrx, sti, or 2.5 impreza for this xuv? what would it take for this xuv to get your attention?? just wondering...
thats just it, if you're in the market for a WRX, you don't need a 7 passenger "big boy". subarru is starting to appeal to a new audience. until this, they only make up to 5 passenger vehicles. this is the current generation's obsession. soccer moms and SUVs.
Old 06-17-2004, 06:54 PM

Car Info: 2008 Spark Silver WRX 5-door
post a link!
Old 06-26-2004, 06:45 PM
VIP Member

Location: Are you too one of the few still living the past? Well I can change that! With a simple wicket. Yes, my friend, a wicket. PM for details.
Car Info: No car right now....sob.
Originally Posted by subarunel
I think its a mini van. I saw it online.
soccer mom powAH!!
Old 07-08-2004, 08:12 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Legacy GT
Rumors are flying around right now, and no one really knows what to expect. The latest news seems to suggest that this thing will have a Murano/Cayanne shape to it, rather then a traditional SUV or Minivan look.

Other rumors sugest it will go on sale early next year, which means it should debut at some autoshows pretty soon. That should lay to rest all the rumors.

And for all those wondering, people who've seen it say it looks nothing like yellow picture floating around the net.
Old 07-08-2004, 01:18 PM

Car Info: 1973 Huevo Ranchero
An article from Automotive industries-
Subaru is planning a 7-passenger vehicle that will be sold in the U.S. staring in 2005. The vehicle -- the automaker's first project with minority owner General Motors Corp -- is currently in development in Japan and will be car-based with all-wheel-drive and a horizontally opposed engine. The company expects to sell 15,000 units of the vehicle in its introductory year.

COPYRIGHT 2002 Reed Business Information
COPYRIGHT 2002 Gale Group
subaru is infamous for starting its wonderful vehicles in japan 1st- being that 7 passenger SUV's are not the forte' of Japans market the XUV might just be launched primarily for the u.s. market. my last training with subaru we discused it but at that time it was neatly put, "its in development".

aloha from the summit of Mauna Kea
Old 07-14-2004, 09:46 AM

Car Info: 2004 2.5TS manual
Originally Posted by gdogg
An article from Automotive industries-

subaru is infamous for starting its wonderful vehicles in japan 1st- being that 7 passenger SUV's are not the forte' of Japans market the XUV might just be launched primarily for the u.s. market. my last training with subaru we discused it but at that time it was neatly put, "its in development".

aloha from the summit of Mauna Kea
That picture has to be a joke. That thing would flip over if it hit a pebble.
Old 07-14-2004, 10:00 AM

Car Info: 2002 Impreza WRX Sedan
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...hreadid=594118

Not only is it coming, but it's going to be shared with Saab like the 9-2x/WRX. Read the article, it's good stuff about how Subie dealers aren't happy with the platform sharing.
Old 07-14-2004, 02:28 PM

Car Info: 2004 2.5TS manual
Originally Posted by estrada42
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...hreadid=594118

Not only is it coming, but it's going to be shared with Saab like the 9-2x/WRX. Read the article, it's good stuff about how Subie dealers aren't happy with the platform sharing.

That looks like a VW Eurowagon. I pray that what we see here is just the product of a late night design session horribly gone wrong.

Quick Reply: 2005-2006 Subaru XUV