Suby Shopping & Maintenance/Warranty Buying a Subaru? Buying, negotiating, financing, insurance, etc. Maintenance/Warranty topics can be discussed here too.

02 torque specs anyone??

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2006, 04:38 PM

Car Info: 03 REX
02 torque specs anyone??

is there a list of ALL the torque specs for an 02 wrx. the only ones i can find are in the manual and you have to jump around to every section. i just want a complete list.
Old 06-11-2006, 08:39 PM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
Not that I've ever seen. Some of the torque specifications are for (chassis, transmission, etc.) parts that are so obscure when taken out of context that it would require a pretty significant description for a lot of owners. The name of the part along might not be enough for the owner to identify where it's located. The manual avoids that by listing the torque specs along with the procedure for removal/installation. Maybe someone will go through the trouble of going through the manual and typing a list of the more commonly used specs like the engine, brakes, and suspension.

--
0==WW==0
"…axles of evil…" - george w. bush
Old 06-12-2006, 06:43 PM

Car Info: 2008 Forester XT 5spd
Don't mean to Hijack your thread

Speaking of manuals, where so you get those? How much do they cost?
Old 06-12-2006, 07:22 PM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
I got my set of genuine Subaru manuals for my WRX from www.subaruparts.com. It's expensive (about $250 to $300, IIRC) but so are hard copy manuals from any other manufacturer. You can also download the Adobe .pdf versions from http://techinfo.subaru.com/html/index.jsp, which costs $34.95 for a download period of 72 hours. Below is an excerpt from the download site, which explains how the downloads may be retrieved.
Originally Posted by Subaru.com
Are there charges or limitations to access information on this site?
Yes. The creation of technical information requires time and money. Maintaining a web site with constantly changing/evolving information requires time and money. To assume that information on this web site should be without cost, you would also need to assume that the creation and delivery of the information is without cost, and that is just not the case.

Information on this site is available on a subscription basis. You currently may select one of three subscription periods:

72 Hours (3 days) @ $34.95
30 Days @ $299.95
365 Days (1 year) @ $2499.95

Although all information on this site is available to you when you purchase a subscription, users are limited to access a maximum of 20 PDFs per hour. This will assist Subaru in keeping subscription rates from increasing, as well as allowing better service levels for all users. If a subscribed user attempts to access more than 20 PDFs in one hour, they will be taken to a warning page and will be prohibited from accessing any additional PDFs until the start of the current hour has expired. Browsing and searching on the site may be performed at any time.

This policy may change at any time, without warning or notification to current web site subscribers.
I chose the cheapest/shortest download subscription, which is plenty if you only need to download the manuals for one or two vehicles. Once you've downloaded 20 .pdf files within one hour, the site restricts you from downloading more until the hour is up, then you can commence downloading again. I guess this is to save bandwidth or something. I downloaded the manuals for the '04 STi and a '98 Forester for other people. Broadband is a must!

I like having the two sets, both hard copy and .pdf. You might also find someone selling the manuals burned onto CD on eBay but I don't believe they are authorized to do so by Subaru, so you take a chance if the CD does not contain the latest revisions and updates, which the official download site does.

--
0==WW==0
"…axles of evil…" - george w. bush
Old 06-13-2006, 09:00 AM

Car Info: 2008 Forester XT 5spd
Excellent.

Thanks man!