Subaru General Anything about Subaru related that would not be more appropriate in another existing i-Club forum.

This Is Y I Like Your Forum & Your Members

Old 03-28-2004, 03:16 PM

Car Info: 87 944 Turbo Porsche -
Thumbs up This Is Y I Like Your Forum & Your Members

Let me just say that I really enjoy this forum.
Deciding what my new car would be is a very hard decision..I have posted a few similar questions on other forums and just let me say it want a pleasting exp...My choice for cars would be a STI, a 350z,a used NSX or what I’m leaning towards the most a used 993(Porsche 911 95-98)I'm getting a little older and honestly I cant see my self driving a STI cause I’m not absoulutly in love with the style of it like i am with the 911...not putting down the performance of it cause if that was my number one reason for a car the STI would be my choice without question .......Another reason is I am considering a convertible also, but not to sure...I decide that I was gonna get a new car cause I always say your only young once(25) and I might as well have fun, you never know what could happen to you tomorrow.i know to many people that are miserble in life now...
...I have posted a few other similar questions in the 350z forum and all I got was negativity.
Heres the posts. and their comments..
http://my350z.com/forum/showthread.p...025#post748025

...I hate when people have such closed minded thoughts on other cars besides their's....YOU should of heard them put down every car but the 350z..and the funniest how mad they got when I proved that my old 944 turbo with 92k miles on it would beat their 45k z's....it was so funny to hear all of their excuses's,,,everything form."I don’t care what your car can do cause its "ugly" Or "your car is nothing but a old Fake Porsche.. Its funny to see someone with a 45k car spend another $6k to take off a half a second in their car,,when I spent $400 ecu chip and I ran a 13.2 which a 350z stock barely run a 14 flat..I love the z i would more then love to own one...but come on
..my point is that I know my car is old and I'm getting sick of it but it doesn’t make any sense talking $h!t about it just cause you're mad that my car is still faster then yours...Once again thankx for this helpful forum with people who don’t have their heads up their @66's thankx...:banana:
Old 03-28-2004, 03:22 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Legacy GT
Yeah, its a shame that most car enthusiasts only like one car. Its one thing to like your car (I love mine a buch, even though it is slow ), but its another to start insulting every other car out on the road.

Last edited by Nick Koan; 03-28-2004 at 03:25 PM.
Old 03-28-2004, 03:25 PM

Car Info: MY02, WRX Sti Prodrive
Hi, a friend of mine got a 944 Turbo and that sucker runs like hell (pardon my french).I love that car and its handling also, to bad he turned up the wg and blew the turbo to pieces :-/
Old 03-28-2004, 04:21 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
Those guys are funny - I gotta go but I'll finish reading their comedy stylings in a bit.
Old 03-28-2004, 07:03 PM

dont get me wrong ....i love the look of the z and nissan's are great cars...but new they are wayyyyyy toooo muchhh,,,if i could get a used z with no miles on it for just over 25k i would seriously think about it,,.,,,but new i woouldnt pay for,,, look at the new maxima's they are GREAT CARS ..but new they were well over 30k,,two years later you can get the same car for 18k,,,thats what ****'s me off....
Old 03-28-2004, 07:31 PM

Car Info: 1973 Huevo Ranchero
Originally posted by nKoan
Yeah, its a shame that most car enthusiasts only like one car. Its one thing to like your car (I love mine a buch, even though it is slow ), but its another to start insulting every other car out on the road.
subaru wrx sti's are the only real car out there so i suggest that you go and buy that instaed of a porsche. . .the 350 z is a poor excuse for a sports car which does too much computer regulation, meaning you really don't get to drive-you just ride in it. . .
thats what i would say if i was a bull-headed one sports car idiot.
fact of the matter is i love ford mustangs with a sick passion and loyalty.(except for the mustang II years) i respect pretty much every japanese sports car ou there - one true fact- japanese tend to go overboard and sometimes miss the mark(hence the sti) in terms of styling. but the engineering is awesome.

i chose subaru because i have the best of both worlds. power and practicality.
Old 04-07-2004, 05:27 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: black pearl sti
When i was a kid i dreamed about owning a Z car. Once I finally had the money to buy one I went out and looked at them and drove one. I was so dissapointed. Its a good looking car but it just wasn't what I had dreamed about. I looked around at other cars and something my buddy told me kept sticking in my head about how the sti handled like it was on tracks. So i went out and test drove one and here I am three months later with an outstanding sti. So i say yeah go for the sti
Old 04-07-2004, 07:56 AM

I test drove a sti yesterday. And all i can say is wow...... that thing was a hell a lot fast then i thought i was gonna be. True it was a little loud over bumps, and the roof sounded hollow it was still very nice.... i got a price out the door for 32.6k tax/ and all dmv cost's i think i might go with it...thankx all
Old 04-07-2004, 08:20 AM

Car Info: 04 Silver WRX Wagon
944 turbo... think about mayeb staying in the porsche brand. dont get me wrong, i own a wrx wagon and love this thing. but i am about 30 yo and it suits me well. however, if i was going for sheer performance I would buy an STI. if i was going for performance, styling, etc, I dont think it gets better than a porsche. the thing that sucks about an sti is is shares the same body style with a base model impreza.

32K is cheap for a such an amazing piece of machinery, but as you know the performance aspects wear thin sooner than the styling of the vehicle
Old 04-08-2004, 11:38 AM

Car Info: Broken ass stock '02 WRX
wow... those guys are jackasses!!! to them!!!
Old 04-08-2004, 11:55 AM

Whos is jackass?
Old 04-08-2004, 03:51 PM

Car Info: 2003 Silver WRX Sedan, 1982 Corvette Collectors Ed.
Originally posted by dub2w
the thing that sucks about an sti is is shares the same body style with a base model impreza.

Thats ok. Most Sti owners share the prissy snob style with base model porsche owners.
Old 04-08-2004, 05:12 PM

Car Info: Broken ass stock '02 WRX
Originally posted by OneFast944Turbo
Whos is jackass?
er guys on 350z forum
Old 04-09-2004, 07:04 PM

Car Info: 1973 Huevo Ranchero
Originally posted by dub2w
the thing that sucks about an sti is is shares the same body style with a base model impreza.

its a good thing i didn't buy a srt-4

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: This Is Y I Like Your Forum & Your Members