Subaru General Anything about Subaru related that would not be more appropriate in another existing i-Club forum.

WOW am i EVER so sad

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2003, 04:03 PM

Car Info: WRX STi black/Gold rims
how old are you?? if you are under 20 a civic is a nice car
Old 06-21-2003, 04:07 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '00 RS, Subrosa Letum
a civic isn't a nice car, it is an affordable car. although some civics may be nice, they are just too trendy. JUST LIKE MUSTANGS!
Old 06-21-2003, 09:29 PM

Car Info: civic
Originally posted by o4wrxSTi
oh the reason my thing is so high is

1. i don't have 3.0 gpa
2. i'm 18
3. i got license at 17
4. it's a wrx
5. speeding ticket
6. accident (fault = 50/50)

yeah i should look on the bright side. civics are very reliable and get good mileage....

forget it i'm still sad.
hrm...for me i can't get the wrx...insurnace is 10g's a year for me...on the wrx.
1) have a 3.0 gpa
2)got my license when i was 16 1/2
3)it's a wrx
4)accident but i wasn't at fault, so no record anyways
5)1 speeding ticket but it's not on record either
6)it's AAA

okay, so i found other insurance companies that have been cheaper. but from what i've heard. AAA is the most reliable insurance companies around the bay area in california. Reasons? Examples? here's why. They have been around for quite some time, and the good thing with AAA is because they pay for your damages immediately, i.e. your car got broken into, and u have had stuff put in it...like a sound system, 10 tv's, a 3000 watt amp or what not. As long as u have the receipts for it, your guaranteed to get that money back from insurance.

reguarding the not getting the wrx, i've been there also. I'm turning 19 in the end of the year, and that will put me at the 2 1/2 years driving experience. AAA has a discount for 3 + years experienced drivers, and in my case, my insurance will be at 2700 a year for full coverage. I was pissed too when i heard the rediculous costs for me at the time (about 3 months ago) but i'm used to it. Wait it out, and you'll appreciate that car even more because u had to sacrifice something for it.
Old 06-22-2003, 12:09 AM

the reason for me not buying the 2.5 rs's is the mere fact that my parents told me to wait out until i have a 3 years license. Which will lower my insurance rates, cuz even if i was to get a car right now, insurance for let's say...a toyota corolla, will still be in the 2~3grands a year. Right now i'm driving a 96 nissan quest, it's a van for those who dont know...so i'm a soccor mom for the time being. but i've gotten used to it. Once my three years is up, my parents will buy me the car as a "late" graduation present type thing for me. Insurance on the van right now is only 1400 a year so, money wise, it is the best option to go with. Not because the 2.5 RS sucks. Just wanted to clear that up. Thanks
Old 06-22-2003, 01:10 PM

if i were u, i would try to negotiate something with my parents, and drive the civic for now...and when i said civic...i meant a S-H-I-T-T-Y civic, dont even spend money on it. Civic's are commute cars, affordable cars, gas savers. In my case, my parents will still buy me the wrx, i just have to wait it out. I recommend that u buy a second hand civic, even a SALVAGED civic or something. and just use that until u can actually get a decent quote on your insurance, then sell that thing, or even just junk it (if it is in that bad of a condition) then switch to the wrx.
Old 06-22-2003, 05:26 PM

sigh* i feel u man....i've been wanting the wrx since 2002, and thats only a year. when it first came out in 2001 i believe...i thot it was the ugliest thing made...the bug eyes just didn't seem that great to me...but wow....i've grown to love the car and it's looks, i dont have the car yet, but i hope i will get it soon, and it will be an 03 model still but sigh...i really doubt it. i just might get a 04 instead, but what am i to complain? as long as it's the wrx, i'm fine with it
Old 06-23-2003, 05:17 AM

Car Info: 98 L w/hybrid ej257 Linked
dont settle for a civic!!! keep looking for a subaru!!

but if you cant then heres some choices,

89-93 240sx coupe/fastbacks (i like the 180 style better)
95-98 240sx LE+

those 2 cars are great hard to find to but they are wonderful cars i miss my 240

ever thought about a mirage? they have a small after market, but its a great car... light cheap to mod and evo stuff fit on it (kinda)

Quick Reply: WOW am i EVER so sad