Subaru General Anything about Subaru related that would not be more appropriate in another existing i-Club forum.

wires under passenger side dash

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2013, 10:26 AM

Car Info: 2010 Subaru sti SE/SpecC
wires under passenger side dash

so as I was wiring up the wide band which by the way is a pain in my ***.and not done, anyway under the passenger dash more to the floorboard under the top part of the carpet tucked is a set of wires with a male and female green connectors, and they were disconnected just tucked away, I decided to connect them and just turn the key on not turned over and see what happens and some clicks happened and you can hear the fans turn on then off but does this in a pattern, never Did hear these sounds before or notice the way the fans Did what they Did, so I disconnected the wires turned the key on, and nothing happened besides the normal intro to turning the key on, no unheard clicks and no fan on so my question is through this story is, what are they and What's the purpose? they are designed to connect to eachother but when connected doesn't sound normal, so I'm stumped not sure if I can get any answered here but worth a shot.

Posted from I-club.com App for Android
Old 01-19-2013, 04:10 PM

Car Info: 2004 sti
you connect them for tuning when reflashing a new tune onto your ecu.
Old 01-19-2013, 07:02 PM

How sure are you because I've never heard that nor have I ever done that for my 2 subies, and nobody I've ever talked to has said these wires are essential to tuning, maybe if you have some evidence on this or info on exactly what these wires are, maybe that will help me better understand, cause I don't see How making your fan turn on and off and clicks help me tune but I'm open for any sources you have.

Old 01-19-2013, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by 2004sti
you connect them for tuning when reflashing a new tune onto your ecu.
alright man I'm going to own up and say I'm a dumbass lol sorry if I sound like a dick, also your right, they are the green test connectors , I forgot about them cause they don't apply to me cause they are for 02-07 they are required to be connected before tune, I have 2010 sti. I've done my 2010 and 2011 so many times everything is good, That's Why I forgot about the test connectors.