Subaru General Anything about Subaru related that would not be more appropriate in another existing i-Club forum.

What is (worth salvaging from a wrecked) 2004 WRX?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2004, 08:43 PM

Car Info: 2010 370z Roadster, 2008 Frontier CrewCab
Dude, you're not a thief, right?
Old 02-15-2004, 07:35 AM

HAHA! Stealing an engine takes guile and cunning, unless of course the whole thing is stolen.

But this picutre of some guy trying to steal an eninge came to mind, much like you see people steal tires/rims in the movies and leave the car on blocks.

Can you imagine coming back to a car and trying to start it, only to realize that your engine had been stolen. LOL!
Old 02-15-2004, 01:26 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
Originally posted by GR8-WRX
Dude, you're not a thief, right?
That's what I was thinking too.
Old 02-15-2004, 02:54 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Re: What is valuable off of a 2004 wrx?

Originally posted by 16g-95gsx
Hey, I'm a newbie to wrx's as I personally own a dsm, but in my adventure to the local junkyard yesterday I noticed they had a full 04 blue wrx in their lot. The thing was obviously totalled in the front, but it was as if it was a roll over or something so the motor was fine. I assume this isnt an easy find to have in a junkyard so I was curious what parts off of a 04 wrx are of interest to subaru owners in general, I wouldnt mind going up there and picking some parts off of it as I have to go back there anyway to get a few parts for myself. Everything was still intact, including interior and motor etc.

Well if you're a thief then you're a thief. the fact you have 1 post here is suspect but who are we to say? your grammar seems "non-theif" because i always think of them as using "foo-sho" and words ending in "hizzle/dizzle".

Anyway... pop the hood/trunk and look for strut tower bars. Look under the car for sway bars (usually colored dark blue, grey, light blue and glossy black). Look at the rear endlinks and see if they're aftermarket...if they're hard black plastic then they're OEM. See if the car has aftermarket suspension and springs. If they're dirty black springs then move on! Look and see if the shift **** is aftermarket and take that. See if the car has an armrest extension (it'll be an extra compartment on top of the OEM one). take all the seats, floormats, the gauge cluster, radio etc as older GC people like them and even the Sti people for the radio. Look under the hood for a grounding kit and anything else out of the ordinary. if you really have money grab the turbo and intercooler too etc. the list goes on and on so just look for anything aftermarket like body panels and hood scoops.

I really don't care if im posting this because ripping off cars isn't rocket science and it's easy to know what has resale value as i learned how to do it from a lot of buddies (the military is kinda like a place for a lot of ex-criminals to escape ). If you're asking this question then you're NOT a car thief...if you are then you fooled me. I believe this person is legit... if not then i feel sorry for the car you're eyeballin'

eric
Old 02-15-2004, 05:43 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: MMVI AW WRX STI
Haha you guys read that as "I'm a thief" ??? I just saw it as a guy who wants to help out some members by BUYING parts from a junkyard. Maybe I'm naive.

Most of this has been covered above...Get the ECU from the passenger footwell...people will buy anything on Ebay.
Old 02-15-2004, 05:43 PM

Car Info: 2005 STi Silver
lol, when i first read the title of ur thread, i thought u were a thief who is stupid enough to post on this forum for tips to what to take
Old 02-17-2004, 08:55 AM

Car Info: 1998 Subaru Legacy L 5-speed
get the seats!
Old 02-17-2004, 03:41 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
If it has the dash mounted guage pack..buy it and you have a buyer right here.

I only need the pod but I'll take the whole thing if I have too, maybe.
Old 02-18-2004, 03:35 PM
Pug

Car Info: 2002 Impreza WRX
How about the wheels?
Old 02-18-2004, 07:55 PM
bri

get the chrome e-brake button. just noticed today the 02-03 didn't have it. =p
Old 02-19-2004, 04:35 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Black 2003 WRX Sedan
Originally posted by bri
get the chrome e-brake button. just noticed today the 02-03 didn't have it. =p
I want one of thoes too!!!
I saw a 04 the other day and was jealous.

Quick Reply: What is (worth salvaging from a wrecked) 2004 WRX?