Subaru General Anything about Subaru related that would not be more appropriate in another existing i-Club forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Used v. New WRX wagon and other q's

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2003, 02:24 AM

Car Info: TXS tbe, perrin goodies, v7 sti struts...bla bla bla lots of stuff!
Arrow

I can answer number 4 for you.

When I bought my car in 6/30/03
I got 18mpg.

8 days later I removed the snorkleous.

I then was getting 21 miles per gallon.

Now I am getting around 23, maybe more if I am lucky.

Most of it is highway with driving into city and getting stuck in rush hour traffic a couple times a week.

I usually get abou 300 miles and I am at 1/4th of a tank then fill up.

-Nigel
Old 09-23-2003, 08:08 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
1. I'd go new. A lot of WRXs have been abused by their owners and unless you're sure of its treatment, you might be better off going new.

2. See #1

3. I think next year (spring) as an '05 model.

4. My weekly driving is a mix of highway and city. A lot of traffic generally. My best MPG there so far has been 23.9. Highway I get about 27.
Old 09-24-2003, 09:27 AM

Car Info: 2003 subaru forester xs
i bought my 02 wrx wagon from an early lease cancellation from a salesperson working there. it was 1 year old with 12k mi on the odo. before they sold it to me they replaced the clutch/flywheel for the defective clutch issue that was common on the early models without me asking for it. 2 weeks into ownership the driver's side window got stuck (common problem) and the rear hatch strut failed on me and the hatch bonked me on the head (LAWSUIT... haha i wish ).

otherwise that's been pretty much it. i've had zero problems with it. i saved a huge amount of cash which i used on gratuitous go-fast mods

as for defecting from saab... can u wait for the upcoming 9-2? it might be the best of both worlds for u... a subaru in swedish designer duds
Old 09-25-2003, 05:02 PM

Car Info: Blue sedan WRX
Dont believe the hype

Dealers will try to sell you a used WRX for what you could basically get a new one for (if you know how to bargain). a used WRX can be hadfor less than $18000, which is worth the discount. get one with the factory warranty still in tact, you cant go wrong.
too small? Nonsense. Thats American dogma. Unless you have 3 children it is plenty big. We justify minivans and SUVs size with plenty of excuses, then we spend 99% of our time ALONE, driving me, myself, and I.
MPG ~23 per tank. the turbo drinks like a fish, so this 2.0L acts like a V6
BUY IT
ITS FUN
Old 09-26-2003, 08:49 PM

Car Info: Blue sedan WRX
drivein like ya stole it

you could get 28 mpg if you tried, but i have never found enough restraint to do it. the WRX is not very aerodynamic, and begs to be goosed all the time. if you have 3 dogs get the wagon - the rear seat of the sedan will not fold down. this is not a car for those who think about gas milage, it is too hungry to be enviornmentally friendly.