Subaru General Anything about Subaru related that would not be more appropriate in another existing i-Club forum.

Traction control?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 09:45 PM

Traction control?

How do I turn it off? And if not, what will help me get sideways? What's the best gear? Rpm? E brake? I'm in 6" fresh pow!!!! Colorado baby. It's a whole new world in AWD!!! 2013 wrx sedan stock
Old 01-05-2013, 10:05 PM

Car Info: 12Teens crazy 4 me
There is no way to fully disable VDC on the WRX. Only way to do so is pull the fuse.

Just don't be an idiot and drive with summer tires(stock tires) just to get sideways like some do on youtube.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:25 PM

Car Info: 2013 swp hatch
If you push the button near the left of your steering wheel, it'll turn off your vehicle dynamics and and traction control. Only in the STi can you turn off traction and keep on the vehicle dynamics on.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:36 PM

Car Info: 12Teens crazy 4 me
Not sure if this is 100% correct.. but..
NASIOC - View Single Post - Official Disable VDC thread !?
Originally Posted by Extraze
i guess my post is kind of messy ...

there is VDC and VTC (vehicle dynamics control) and (vehicle traction control) but when a vehicle has both (almost all new subie's ... subaru calls it VDC)

the former (VDC) involves individual wheel braking to make sure the car is stable and doest derive from its path, the later (VTC) prevents wheelspin or slippage by playing with throttle and cutting engine speed...

VTC can be disabled by pushing the button ... this will let you spin the wheels freely without being interupted by the system ... but pressing the button will NOT let you take the rear end out because VDC will sense a sideway motion and apply braking pressure to the rear brakes... and pressing the button does NOT disable VDC.

so as far as im concerned, i dont think subaru offers a user-friendly way of disabling the dynamics control ... this is what im looking for... either by pulling a fuse ... or putting a toggle switch inline to some sensor to fool the system into going crazy and turning it off completelly ... i dont know, but there has to be a way...

since this is connected to the ABS system, im pretty sure messing with it will disable ABS ... but this is actually a good thing, because disabling the VDC (to me) means getting back complete manual control over the vehicle... so when having fun in a snow-packed parking lot, or an ice-covered lake ... you dont really care about ABS (or hitting anything for that matter)