Subaru General Anything about Subaru related that would not be more appropriate in another existing i-Club forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SUBIESPORT Subscriptions now available!

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2004, 04:49 PM

Car Info: 05 2.5RS + 07 LGT
Originally Posted by STiMUL8
I just bought the first issue on eBay - was that you as the seller? I wish I had seen this post, because the total with shipping was $10.99 for the first issue.... for $19.99 I could have got the first issue, plus 6 more.

Good luck, looks like it's going to be great!

Edit: I just subscribed via one of the links above that said it will come with a free DVD (I used that link instead of the 7 for the price of 6 link) Are the DVDs still coming if you order via that link?

Thanks,

-Steve
Nope, we haven't listed any single-copies on Ebay yet. It may have been SubyDude.com, I know they had a few they put up recently. On the upside, we're almost out of stock on #1...so It's on the road to becoming a collectors item

We just posted a new promo that may interest you, if you've considered subscribing:

http://www.subiesport.com

(Free Driving Sports DVD)

Ryan Douthit, Publisher
Subiesport Magazine
Old 12-27-2004, 05:31 PM

Car Info: Subaru Impreza WRX
My 2nd edition arrived.
Old 02-03-2005, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by AWDrift07
I subscribed almost 2 months ago and still haven't gotten a magazine. Whats the deal??
It takes up to 12 weeks to get your first mag (the case with any bi-monthly). If you subscribed before December 8th 04, you probably should have received the Feb issue. If after, your first issue is the April one which just hit the mail house.

Ryan
Old 03-24-2005, 09:26 AM

Car Info: 2004 Prodrive Suabru Impreza WRX
I received a subscription as a gift for X-mas 04'. I know it was bought at least 1-2 weeks before that. I have sent two emails and left a voice mail message (today) regarding the status but have not heard a word back.

First there is no reason that I can think of why it should take 12 weeks to get a magazine. If you are issuing bi-monthly just send the prior issue. I know I sure wouldn't mind.

Second, I realize that Subiesport was started fairly recently, and that I'm sure that bugs are still being ironed out. In the interest of professionalism and courtesy, if someone sends and email to customer service they (me) should definitely get a reply. They shouldn't receive some form email with the subscription information.

We all have busy lives, and it takes time to sit down and write an email (just like right now). If we are paying for a subscription up front and after 12 weeks we haven't received a mag, email or some type of notification as to why we haven't, I definitely think you have an obligation to contact us and advise us why.

Anthony
Old 03-24-2005, 09:52 AM

Good points, and yes, you should have heard back. I'll address these other details:

>First there is no reason that I can think of why it should take 12 weeks to get a magazine. If you are issuing bi-monthly just send the prior issue. I know I sure wouldn't mind.

We don't mail a prior issue only because there is a good chance someone picked up a current issue and chose to subscribe. It's unlikely they want to start their sub with an issue they already have. The only way it's a full 12-week wait is if you place a subscription right after an issue ships. Since it take up to 4 weeks for that issue to land, add it to the eight weeks between issues and that's your 12 week wait. Unfortunate, but true. The plus side is that we now have enough subscribers to finally register for Periodical class mail (lots of restrictions for that) which takes only two weeks to deliver. It can take up to three months to get approved so we're hoping that the issue after the one that's shipping this week will go out in that method.

> Second, I realize that Subiesport was started fairly recently, and that I'm sure that bugs are still being ironed out. In the interest of professionalism and courtesy, if someone sends and email to customer service they (me) should definitely get a reply. They shouldn't receive some form email with the subscription information.

If you emailed the subscription office you should have heard back within a few days. PM me your info and I'll take it up with that office. One note is that no one in the editorial office returns subscription questions during press deadline (nor do we check forums). Case in point; we just went on press yesterday and I now have a pile of emails to go through.

> We all have busy lives, and it takes time to sit down and write an email (just like right now). If we are paying for a subscription up front and after 12 weeks we haven't received a mag, email or some type of notification as to why we haven't, I definitely think you have an obligation to contact us and advise us why.

We've put out every issue on schedule. If we did miss a target date we would send out an announcement...though we've never had to do that. In some cases the post office destroys or looses issue. In that case we can only take your report of such an incident as we do not get that info back from the post office.

The June issue is shipping next week, from there it will take a few weeks (on the outside) to receive it. Though most are delivered in two weeks with our current shipping method. If you or anyone has any concerns with your subscription, service or anything I am always available via email for critical concerns.

Cheers,

Ryan Douthit, Publisher
Subiesport Magazine

Last edited by ricochet; 03-24-2005 at 09:54 AM.
Old 03-24-2005, 09:57 AM

Car Info: Subaru Impreza WRX
3rd edition,cool
Old 03-24-2005, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by ricochet
Good points, and yes, you should have heard back. I'll address these other details:

>First there is no reason that I can think of why it should take 12 weeks to get a magazine. If you are issuing bi-monthly just send the prior issue. I know I sure wouldn't mind.

We don't mail a prior issue only because there is a good chance someone picked up a current issue and chose to subscribe. It's unlikely they want to start their sub with an issue they already have. The only way it's a full 12-week wait is if you place a subscription right after an issue ships. Since it take up to 4 weeks for that issue to land, add it to the eight weeks between issues and that's your 12 week wait. Unfortunate, but true. The plus side is that we now have enough subscribers to finally register for Periodical class mail (lots of restrictions for that) which takes only two weeks to deliver. It can take up to three months to get approved so we're hoping that the issue after the one that's shipping this week will go out in that method.

> Second, I realize that Subiesport was started fairly recently, and that I'm sure that bugs are still being ironed out. In the interest of professionalism and courtesy, if someone sends and email to customer service they (me) should definitely get a reply. They shouldn't receive some form email with the subscription information.

If you emailed the subscription office you should have heard back within a few days. PM me your info and I'll take it up with that office. One note is that no one in the editorial office returns subscription questions during press deadline (nor do we check forums). Case in point; we just went on press yesterday and I now have a pile of emails to go through.

> We all have busy lives, and it takes time to sit down and write an email (just like right now). If we are paying for a subscription up front and after 12 weeks we haven't received a mag, email or some type of notification as to why we haven't, I definitely think you have an obligation to contact us and advise us why.

We've put out every issue on schedule. If we did miss a target date we would send out an announcement...though we've never had to do that. In some cases the post office destroys or looses issue. In that case we can only take your report of such an incident as we do not get that info back from the post office.

The June issue is shipping next week, from there it will take a few weeks (on the outside) to receive it. Though most are delivered in two weeks with our current shipping method. If you or anyone has any concerns with your subscription, service or anything I am always available via email for critical concerns.

Cheers,

Ryan Douthit, Publisher
Subiesport Magazine
I sincerely appreciate your reply, and I do mean that. The first email I sent was about a month and a half ago. The last one I sent was yesterday along with a voicemail today. All of the information you offered above is helpful and quite believable. It makes me feel a lot better to know exactly why it takes so long to receive the first issue instead of wondering. Thanks.

Anthony
Old 03-30-2005, 07:15 PM

Still waiting...
Old 05-24-2005, 02:04 PM

Car Info: 03 MBP WRX
i just subscribed, so how many have i missed out on???
Old 05-24-2005, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by punkem0tion
i just subscribed, so how many have i missed out on???

You just got in under the radar to receive issue 5, which should arrive around Mid-June. We just shipped it to press. We have a link to back-issues on our site.

Cheers,

Ryan Douthit
Subiesport Magazine
Old 09-12-2005, 05:20 PM

Talking

I have subscribed!
Old 10-26-2005, 08:00 PM

Car Info: '03 WRX wrb
Have gotten to check out the last couple issues - totally cool, going to subscribe!!

Quick Reply: SUBIESPORT Subscriptions now available!