Subaru General Anything about Subaru related that would not be more appropriate in another existing i-Club forum.

Subbie Baja

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2003, 12:52 AM

Car Info: 2002 WRX Sportwagon, MBP
i think a baja (and forester) turbo is in the works, hence, no H6. I didn't drive one tho. Bought my WRX before it came out. (although honestly, not really my cup o' tea, regardless)
Old 02-01-2003, 06:03 AM

Car Info: 1996 Subaru Impreza (outback)
I checked out the Baja while I was getting some service done on my Impreza.

THe interior is SMALL. I'm over 6 foot and thought the WRX had way for headroom!

THe midgate thing sucks too. It's useless. You can put donw this little thing and it gives you NO room. I thought it would be liek the Avalanche, but no way!.. just worthless...

ps - I dont' think Subaru is selling very many of them at all...
Old 02-01-2003, 06:28 AM

Car Info: 19' Impreza Sport Manual / 99 Miata / 13' OB
I got to sit in one at the Nationals this year and mess with it a little I thought it would be like the the Brat. We had 3 Brats as I was growing up. It was more like our Legacy (obviously) Though. The Brat was a lot less refined more truck like, the Baja is pretty posh inside and because of this the cost is pretty high. I think this is one reason they aren't selling a lot of them. They must realize this too because they are now offering a Baja Sport that drops the price like 2K (which still makes it around 22K list) they got rid of the leather and power seats. They are also funky looking I agree but since when haven't Subaru's pushed the envelope on looks. I think they pushed a little too far here though

I think if it had more power, something they might do, I'd be more apped to get one. If I were younger and didn't have to haul around 2 kids that is. No way I would give up our Outback VDC for it, I need the room for all the crap. But I use to like to go camping and Mtn Biking a lot and I think it might be handy. The Brat was smaller in the back and we would haul around a surprising amount of stuff when we had to.

Here are some pics I took when I saw it. I've since seen it in Silver where the lower cladding matches the paint. It looks much better that way, less HotWheelsish.

Last edited by Peaty; 02-01-2003 at 06:31 AM.
Old 05-08-2003, 10:55 PM

Car Info: 2006 BSP LGT / 2004 JBP FXT
I have taken the Baja Manual trans. for a test drive a little while ago and I found that it had a lot of get up and go. It was very responsive and handled like a dream. Just as you would expect from a Legacy/outback. The midgate is not as useful as we all would of hoped, but if you are going to be making normal trips to the Home Depot or another hardware store or something like that, you can fit those taller items like the 2x4's or something like that into the back or go car camping in the back and stay dry. The only thing that it needs now is a Canopy.