Subaru General Anything about Subaru related that would not be more appropriate in another existing i-Club forum.

Subaru Secrets (Some might be Impreza Only)

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2004, 12:46 PM

Car Info: 02 WRB WRX and 99 WRB RS
I've had a K&N for about 20000 miles and no problems. I've never heard anyone else complain about them. I think someone gets a bad one, or doesn't maintain it properly, and their complaint is heard. For the silent majority I think they're great.
Old 10-10-2004, 03:02 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 1999 2.5RS / 2004 Forester X
Originally Posted by Ceej
How do you turn off the day time running lights from the glove box? A switch? Where?

Is that info about K&N accurate or did dirt get into and onto the MAF and throttle body?

I have a K&N air filter.
My K&N filter was not dirty or over oiled. Just this past Friday I took it to a Subaru tech guy (owns his own shop). He pulled out my MAF sensor with the housing and showed it to me. There was visibily a buildup on the mesh screen before the sensor and some on the sensor. Trust me, I'm very **** about maintenance to my car and the filter was in good condition... I've had them before one my last car one for the airbox and one when I was running a CAI. Just run a paper, foam or the STI panel filter if you don't want to worry about this later on in the life of the car.
Old 10-11-2004, 10:11 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 1999 2.5RS / 2004 Forester X
It was only like 50 bucks, he cleaned out my throttle body also due to the buildup.
Old 04-17-2005, 08:07 AM

Car Info: Sline
Originally Posted by nic3krnnamja83
hummer with snorkel
Hummer can do 3ft without any mod's to the intake. so aka 3ft. stock.

I've heard that the K&N is bad for the subby's. I had one on my old volvo and it worked well. I wouldn't doubt that the oil build up is true.

Last edited by jvick125; 04-17-2005 at 08:38 AM.
Old 04-17-2005, 12:01 PM
VIP Member

Location: Are you too one of the few still living the past? Well I can change that! With a simple wicket. Yes, my friend, a wicket. PM for details.
Car Info: No car right now....sob.
Wow....bump from the grave!
Old 04-19-2005, 02:29 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Subaru Impreza WRX 2002
Don't know if this has been mentioned, but one of the more interesting Impreza quirks is that the windshield washer fluid nozzles are designed and aimed to be used while driving, ideally at over 20 MPH. If I use mine while sitting still, the fluid flies over the top of the car and hits my trunk and rear bumper; but at speed, the fluid goes right onto the windscreen. I thought this was just me, but the same thing happens to two other WRX and one RS driver that I know. My wife's Legacy is the opposite; the washer fluid hits the dead center of the windshield while sitting still, but misses the bottom third when driving.

Yes, I know I can re-aim the nozzles
Old 04-19-2005, 02:48 PM

Car Info: Sline
My legacy does a pretty good job of getting the whole wind shield. How can u re-aim yours?

Jack
Old 04-20-2005, 11:25 AM

Car Info: a 2.5RS not an 04PSMWRX
i dont know if this has been said already or if its even considered a "secret" but on my 04 wrx, if i push the lock button on the key 3 times, on the third time instead of the high pitch beep, the horn honks. ever since i figured that out i do it all the time as a habit so i know that my car is locked.
Old 04-20-2005, 11:31 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: .
Originally Posted by buyos1717
god, ive been looking for this thread for a while!!!! i have one thing to contribute though!

If you go into your trunk, there are hidden spots on the side of your car. If you take off the inner lining on the left (by where the jack is) you have some space next to it. There is the same hole type of thing on the right side, without a jack though! Im thinking about mounting an amp in there =)
Be careful when you take off your lining to to ruin it when you wanna put it back in though

this is with an 2005 RS so i dont know about anybody else, still worth a check if you wanna hide something =)
that is the spot where the ic sprayer resevoir goes for the sti's

Quick Reply: Subaru Secrets (Some might be Impreza Only)