Subaru General Anything about Subaru related that would not be more appropriate in another existing i-Club forum.

Street Racer causes death = 2nd degree MURDER?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2003, 01:35 PM

Car Info: 2000 Impreza
Sorry NA, I really dont think you know what you are talking about...
Old 02-02-2003, 04:24 PM
NZO

Car Info: 996 Turbo
If anyone involved is convicted of a murder charge it will be a sad, sad day for this country's legal system.
Old 02-02-2003, 11:13 PM

Car Info: 2000 2.5RS
I'll throw my 2 cents in. I think this charge is ridiculous. You may disagree with street racing (I DON'T) but to equate an accident with murder is insane. To ME making a mistake and having someone die from it should not be murder. I do think there are legal grounds to at least try it on though.

JC
Old 02-03-2003, 01:11 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX wagon=dead; rollin' in a Craptastic Camry!
Originally posted by optimalrage
The way I see it street racing is a misdameaner so is speeding.
Driving your car at the pace of traffic above the speed limit is entirely different from engaging in a speed contest on public roads. With great power comes great responsibility. An automobile represents great power for which the driver is inherently assuming responsibility.

"They did not INTEND to kill anyone. The deaths were not caused willfully or deliberately."
They willfully and deliberately engaged in a speed contest which a reasonable person can expect to result in a fatality or serious injury.
I'm not convinced that this equates to 2nd degree murder, but I also believe anyone responsible for a death resulting in street racing should never be allowed to legally drive again. They have proven themselves not to be trusted with such a responsibility.

It's time we stop handing out driver's licenses like candy. Driver's should have to prove they can drive and understand that it is a serious activity not to be taken lightly.

Quick Reply: Street Racer causes death = 2nd degree MURDER?