Subaru General Anything about Subaru related that would not be more appropriate in another existing i-Club forum.

review stage 1 thus far

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 04:08 PM

Car Info: 2011 wrx
review stage 1 thus far

I am doing this on a tablet so i apologize for any typos in advance.

I am writing this after owning my 2011 wrx sedan for 8 months and relatively little posting on this website. I have owned several performance cars prior to my subaru and this is not my first fast vehicle. So enough about me on to the point I drove my wrx for about 6 months stock and i loved how it performed before i tuned it with the cobb AP. About 2 months ago I installed the go fast bits turbo management system blow off valve (GFB TMS BOV) and was immediately in love with the sound it provided and the fact that i could adjust if i wanted it to re-circ or VTA to how i see fit. I keep it 50/50 and have little to no issue with backfires and have data logged wit my AP and have no signs of issues with A/F ratio betwwen shifts.

I installed the cobb AP shortly after running the GFB BOV and Immediately after reflashing my ECU to the Stage 1 93oct OTS tune I drove my car for a long test drive and was re-united with the feel the beast gave me on the drive home from purchase. Spool was waaaay less laggy and third was most notably more powerfull. I raced a ws6 and was beat in higher speeds but got plenty of time to look at it in the mirror. I played with an evo 5spd up to 115 and had no issue keeping up whatsoever. The bov had a new high pitch of air rushing out as iwas hitting 16.7 psi opposed to the 13.6 prior to the reflash. I have had my rear tires spin and give nice drifts up in spite of the symmetrical awd the wrx is strapped with. I am now waiting for a cobb short ram intake in the mail. I will reflash my subie for it and review how i feel about it when it gets here as well as stage 2 soon.

This AP tunernis so usefull and i cannot wait to have a protune from cobb. Hopefully someone finds this helpfullmin making a choice. Any q's PM me.

-steve