Subaru General Anything about Subaru related that would not be more appropriate in another existing i-Club forum.

Problem with Subtle solutions Chimney....

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 09:48 PM

Car Info: 07 STi/'70 Chevelle
Problem with Subtle solutions Chimney....

I don't know what's up with me and parts having poor quality or not fitting correctly. I just purchased the subtle solutions chimney and am very upset with the way it fits.

I've been in contact with Brad over there and he suggested I take a dremel to my splitter. I don't think I should have to modify my hood splitter to get a product that's advertised to fit correctly without any modification .And now they wont let me return it because it's "used" or slightly "used" and mentioned

" there are that many of these out there in the market w/o any one complaining or having issues with the alignment. "

I guess I should just stop complaining and cut holes in my hood to make this "chimney" correctly fit my car.

Anyone else have issues? What do you guys think?

Name:  P9120316.jpg
Views: 1256
Size:  66.4 KB

Name:  P9120314.jpg
Views: 1150
Size:  94.5 KB

Name:  P9120311.jpg
Views: 1192
Size:  97.6 KB
Old 09-14-2010, 10:09 PM

Car Info: 2006 WRX
IIRC flukewrx has one, he might be able to give you some insight on how to make it fit
Old 09-15-2010, 08:14 PM

what year does he have?

anyone else?
Old 09-15-2010, 08:20 PM

Car Info: 1988 Yoda
What seems to be the problem with it?
Old 09-15-2010, 09:17 PM

Car Info: Forester XT
Quoted from another Subaru forum....

Originally Posted by Subtle-Solutions
We appreciate your concern and want to make sure everyone is clear and understands the situation....

The chimney duct was designed as a "universal" unit to work with the following vehicles:

02-07 WRX

04-07 STI

04-08 XT

Our product fits all stock intercoolers (WRX, STI, & XT) and some aftermarket brands.

Our product also was designed to fit various OEM and aftermarket intercooler splitters.

The fit/finish of this product and all of our other available products is top notch.

All of our products are manufactured in the USA and are carefully QC'd by me personally.

While most of our products do have step by step instructions, this one is pretty self explanatory. The heat shield is just like an SPT one and the chimney attaches with (4) metric fasteners. It should be a 10-15 min install, if that.

We have various pictures, posts, and step by step instructions on how to install these on the Subaru forums.

Here is our Conditions of Use policy/agreement:

All orders placed with Subtle Solutions (phone, fax, mail, internet/web & e-mail) constitute the acknowledgement and acceptance of all conditions listed on Subtle Solutions Price List and all conditions listed below. All parts shall remain the property of Subtle Solutions until paid for in full. All orders shipped to a California address must pay state, county & city sales tax as required by the California State Board of Equalization. In the event that an order placed on the web does not calculate sales tax and the order is being shipped to a California address, Subtle Solutions will calculate the sales tax when the order is processed and call or e-mail the customer with the new amount.

All prices, materials, design, color, contents included with a product, and product specifications are subject to change without notice. Some product images may be shown with optional items that are sold separately. Depending on the product(s) ordered and the destination of the order, certain shipping services may not be available.

All Credit Card Orders can only be shipped to a verified Billing Address. Credit Card and Paypal orders will not be shipped until all information are verified and matched. All other orders (check, money order, & gift certificate) will not be shipped until payment has been received in full. All unpaid orders will be cancelled after 30 calendar days.

All engine modification components, except those that are exempt, have been designed and are intended for off highway application. These components are legal in California for racing vehicles only, which may never be used on public roads and highways. Federal and many state laws prohibit the removal, modification, or rendering inoperable of any device or element of design affecting vehicle emission or safety in a vehicle used on public highways. Violation of such laws may subject the owner or user to a fine or penalty. Installation of this part may void the vehicles manufacturer warranty coverage, if any, on your vehicle. Vehicles modified by the use of performance parts may no longer be lawfully used on public highways. Further, all engine parts, headlight units, light bulbs and electrical components are sold AS IS without any warranty and may not be returned. User assumes all cost and risks associated with these and other import items.

WARRANTY: No warranty whatsoever will be given if the defect was caused by customers abuse, negligence, mishandling, or improper installation. All merchandise sold by Subtle Solutions is only subject to manufacturers warranty, if any. Warranty items are subject to submission to the manufacturers for inspection and approval for repair or replacement of merchandise. Customer, however, will be responsible for all shipping and handling fees. No labor or inconvenience may be included in any warranty claims. There is no warranty on lights, light bulbs, decals, electrical parts, and engine parts. Check your state and local laws regarding the use on any parts.

By submitting the order, customers hereby acknowledge and agree to be abided the above "Terms and Conditions" of Subtle Solutions.

It is the customers responsibility to retain all invoices for their record and warranty claims.

Here is our Shipping & Return policy/agreement:

Return for exchange or refund will be allowed only within 14 calendar days from the date of receipt of merchandise with no exception. All authorized return merchandise must be unused and in its original saleable packaging. No return or exchange on merchandise that shows signs of having been installed, modified, mounted, scratched or defaced will be allowed. RETURN AUTHORIZATION NUMBER must be obtained before any returns can be made. We will not accept any returns without this number. Please write the R.A. Number clearly on the outside of the returning package and tag the items inside with your company name and the R.A Number. All returns must be received by Subtle Solutions within 10 calendar days after the R.A. Number has been issued. The Return Authorization number does not imply a replacement or refund, but only that we will inspect the merchandise based on your claim. Returns must be sent freight prepaid and insured by you. Original shipping and handling charges are not refundable. A photo copy of your invoice showing the invoice number must accompany your return along with a written explanation and a contact phone number where we may be able to reach you. It is the responsibility of the customer/installer to verify the correct size and application of the parts before installation. A 20% restocking fee will be assessed on all authorized returns.

No cancellations, refunds, or exchanges on special order items or custom order items will be allowed.

It is also the customers responsibility to repack the item(s) that are being returned and make sure that it is properly and securely packed with sufficient packaging material to prevent the item from being damaged. We cannot give credit or refund on a returned package that got damaged due to insufficient packing. All hardware & accessories included in the original package needs to be returned or the customer will be charged. All returned items needs to be insured (in case of lost or damaged) and we recommend the customer to get a tracking number to track the shipment.

Shortage/Damaged Shipment/Discrepancies:

All merchandises are packed carefully and correctly utilizing a triple check method before it leaves our facility. Damaged shipments should be checked in the presence of the carrier. Please keep all shipping cartons and packing material for carrier inspection. Subtle Solutions will not initiate any claims with the carrier. Claims for shortage of items or discrepancies must be made within 48 hours after receipt of merchandise. Claims of damaged shipments must be made by the customer with the carrier.

Any refused shipments sent back to Subtle Solutions does not constitute the right to a refund or credit. It is the customers responsibility to make all arrangements with Subtle Solutions for refused shipments. Customer will be charged freight expenses associated with the refused shipment as well as a 20% restocking fee on all shipped products.
Old 09-16-2010, 09:19 PM

This is what is wrong...can you not see that it doesn't fit up 100%? I feel like I'm going crazy here the **** doesn't fit!! My stock heat shield is actually hotter now than it was without this on here if that's any indication

Name:  P9120312.jpg
Views: 1018
Size:  93.0 KB