Subaru General Anything about Subaru related that would not be more appropriate in another existing i-Club forum.

Need help please with accesport questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2015, 01:04 PM

Car Info: 04 subaru wrx wagon
Need help please with accesport questions

Fairly new here have done some research on this but I get conflicting stories so hopefully i don't get ripped apart here for asking but:

I have an 04 wrx wagon with basic mods atm. borla hush with a Cobb catted down pipe. And waiting on the side lines I have a bigger turbo injectors and sti tmic.

Since I put the exhaust on will I have to run a new map? And if so what Accessport do I want ? v2? Maybe can someone in the San Jose area with a accessport can help a newbie out till I can get one so I can run my exhaust ? Thanks
Old 10-15-2015, 09:05 AM

Car Info: 2004 Subaru wrx wagon
I also have a wagon and I have a invidia catted down pipe and Cobb sf intake. Without the tune my car ran a little rough because I think it didn't know how to balance out the power. The access port allows you to tune car car whenever you want. I currently have the stage 2 on mine using the Version 3 access port. If you are looking to buy an access port I highly recommend the version 3 as most of the maps being made now aren't compatible with version 2. basically, you don't "need" a tune, but it might run rich or really rough. I only say that because that was my experience. And with all the stuff you have coming up like the turbo swap, the access port has a stage 3 map that you will be able to use. And that will be bueno. As for getting help from someone with an access port, I don't think it's possible to use one access port on 2 different cars. I haven't tested it but from what I've read once you use an access port on a car it becomes married, or paired to that cars ECU. Meaning it will only work for that specific car and no one else's until you uninstall it from that car. Hopefully I answered some of your questions. If you need someone to test out your turbo and stuff let me know haha.
-Frankiewagon