Subaru General Anything about Subaru related that would not be more appropriate in another existing i-Club forum.

how will my subie do against these hybrid hondas?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2003, 06:42 PM

Car Info: black o2 sedan
how will my subie do against these hybrid hondas?

i just got a wrx and jesus christ this thing puuuuullls, much faster than my auto civic hatch, lol

anyway, ive got some honda people that wanna race me in order of fastet to slowest:

crx with b16 and bolt ons, plus wieght reduction
type r, with bolt ons and vafc
eg hatch with b16 and bolt ons

what will i do in a race to about 80???

yeah yeah yeah i know about the 'drive skills' factor, but lets just say everyone launches moderatly well in this scenareo

Last edited by krillz; 01-04-2003 at 06:51 PM.
Old 01-04-2003, 08:44 PM

Car Info: 02' WRX
Ok, usually I'd tell you to stop being a wuss and just race, but because I happen to be up in my arms in a turbocharged integra, I'm partial to hondas and know more about them than any one man ever should.

CRX with the b16 could give you a run for you're money, its so goddam light that a freaking tailwind could make it run a 10 second quarter (j/k lol). Type R? You can probably take it, that cars all about quick steering and excellent cornerning, not straight line accel. The hatchback? Wave him buh bye as you walk in front of him.

Anyway, stop all this sillyness and race!
Old 01-05-2003, 07:00 AM

Talking

thanks for the input, guys on other boards started to flame me with the same question! anyway, yeah i know i should get up and race em.... but its my first manual and i wanna get a decent consistent launch first

thanks man
Old 01-05-2003, 05:43 PM
Ed
First Troll EVA!

Guys on the other board were right. Who cares about your lousy pseudo-scientific street racing theories? Want answers? Go to a track. Light to light bull**** is meaningless, except to you Civic butt-breaths.
Old 01-05-2003, 08:12 PM

why all the hate? this is a friendly competition between me and 3 friends. Why cant 3 guys and a girl have a few pulls on an empty road? On second thought, dont even answer that becuase ive heard it all before, and DONT tell me its something youve never done before.

Last edited by krillz; 01-05-2003 at 08:19 PM.
Old 01-06-2003, 06:28 AM
Ed
First Troll EVA!

Never felt the need to do it, here.
Old 01-06-2003, 08:03 PM

i really wanna win, at least beat the type r and the hatchback.... when i say bolt ons, i mean the simple honda stuff... intake, exhaust, cams, header, etc etc...

theyve all got air/fuel/vtec controllers, but the type r has gotten some engine work, and the dirvers are all very experienced

thanks for the help
Old 01-07-2003, 02:58 AM

"they've all got air/fuel/vtec controllers, but the type r has gotten some engine work, and the drivers are all very experienced"

I've owned a Type-R with Skunk2 camshafts, Apex'i VAFC controller and the AEM CAI. I'll tell u... for one thing, I like the WRX much more. But with an R with those kinda mods... I'd have to say that the WRX still could beat the ITR. But with finer tuning with the R... I'd have to say that it'll become a "driver's" race.

The ITR is a track car outta the box. But the WRX can b made into a horrific beast to dominate!!!

-Buzz

P.S. I'll b gettin the Vishnu chip upgrade this Friday!!!
Old 01-08-2003, 12:43 PM

Car Info: 1999 Impreza 2.5 RS - MTS
Krillz

When you race your buddies, remember to "slip" the clutch. AWD transmissions hate when you drop them. I usually rev to 3-3.3k rpms and then slip.

Race safe, race at the track.
Old 01-09-2003, 05:30 PM

ok, rev it to 3500rpm and slip it to start where the power band starts or rev it to 5 or 6000 rpm and slip to definetly get the jump?

if i did rev it that high, and im done with first gear real fast, and at the end of second gear im a little over 60 mph (ithink), then i would have to rely on a weak fourth gear in low rpms to bring me to 75 0r 80mph....

maybe i am totally off, but i was just thinking

and if it means wait until i get a mod or two, i will, i dont want to lose to any of them ever, i would much rather wait and beat them if i had to

you be the judge

Quick Reply: how will my subie do against these hybrid hondas?