Subaru General Anything about Subaru related that would not be more appropriate in another existing i-Club forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How is the trim attached? Silver/carbon fiber... Can you add later?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2003, 08:50 PM

Car Info: TXS tbe, perrin goodies, v7 sti struts...bla bla bla lots of stuff!
Arrow How is the trim attached? Silver/carbon fiber... Can you add later?

I was thinking in terms of saving money right now... Subaru wants $350 for the Carbon fiber trim...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33695

That looks like the entire kit and only $195... I'm all about saving money, BUT, when I look at your cars here, (I-Club gallery) I see some people have the carbon fiber trim, but it looks flush.. same with the silver standard trim... do these carbon fiber trim stick on or do you rip off the existing silver trim?

Kind of off topic but, on Subaru's site it says this:

"Now through April 30, 2003, all 2003 Subaru Legacy®, Outback®, Impreza®, Forester® and Baja® models are available with special financing as low as 0.0% APR*. In addition, any Dealer Incentives available may increase the savings on select models!"
Does that only mean I have 0.0% APR until April 30, 2003? How long does that last in terms of payment.... Is it the entire loan or the length of one year? This is my very first time buying a car, so for the financing part I am very new to it...

Thanks a bunch.
-Nigel
Old 03-21-2003, 09:23 PM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
Originally posted by NewShockerGuy
"Now through April 30, 2003, all 2003 Subaru Legacy®, Outback®, Impreza®, Forester® and Baja® models are available with special financing as low as 0.0% APR*. In addition, any Dealer Incentives available may increase the savings on select models!"

Does that only mean I have 0.0% APR until April 30, 2003? How long does that last in terms of payment.... Is it the entire loan or the length of one year?

The 0.0% APR financing is for the term of the loan, whatever it may be (36 mo., 48 mo., 60 mo., etc.). I haven't looked into it myself, but expect that the 0.0% rate applies to loans of shorter terms than 60 months. Give 'em a call - the dealership's finance officer will be glad to explain it to you. Also, read the finance agreement carefully before signing. They won't mind if you take several minutes to do so. Ask questions if there is something you don't understand in the paperwork.

--
0==WW==0
"…axles of evil…" - george w. bush
Old 03-21-2003, 09:42 PM

Car Info: TXS tbe, perrin goodies, v7 sti struts...bla bla bla lots of stuff!
Arrow

Wingless Wonder,

That's pretty good then.. I take it. I think when my dad bought both of our (famlily) cars there was like 7% or maybe a little less...
That will actually save me a good bit of money in the long run!

Awesome! :-)

Thank you again.

Now just about the trim package and how it's attached :-)

-Nigel
Old 03-21-2003, 09:57 PM

Car Info: AWD/FWD/RWD
Subaru offers the 0% for 24 months and 3.9% for 36 months.
Old 03-21-2003, 10:01 PM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
Originally posted by NewShockerGuy
That's pretty good then.. I take it. I think when my dad bought both of our (famlily) cars there was like 7% or maybe a little less...
That will actually save me a good bit of money in the long run!
It will if you can resist the urge to go crazy and have the dealer install a bunch of options that you can put on the car yourself at a later date. While you will not be paying interest on these options, you will be charged (most likely) full MSRP for the parts, plus labor for the install. There are online sources for Subaru parts that offer steep discounts on the most popular items. Example: SubaruParts.com.

Two friends bought GMCs, a Denali and a Sierra with the Cummins diesel and Allison transmission. These were expensive. Both guys got 0.0% financing, but at 36 months. The payments are higher with a loan of that length but basically you save a lot of money if you can swing the payments.

Now just about the trim package and how it's attached :-)
I still don't know.

--
0==WW==0
"…axles of evil…" - george w. bush