Subaru General Anything about Subaru related that would not be more appropriate in another existing i-Club forum.

Don't like the 04' hood

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2003, 03:21 PM

Car Info: 02' Black Wgn
Unhappy Don't like the 04' hood

It's cool to be able to see the external difference in the new car, but to tell you the truth, i am dissapointed with the new hood and that snorkle for a scoop. Is it just me?.
Old 06-20-2003, 04:40 PM

Car Info: 2004 WRX Sedan
Re: Don't like the 04' hood

I personally love it. I like it better than the old design (not that the old design isn't good looking too).

Originally posted by wvjnky
It's cool to be able to see the external difference in the new car, but to tell you the truth, i am dissapointed with the new hood and that snorkle for a scoop. Is it just me?.
Old 06-20-2003, 11:05 PM
NASIOC Slut

Car Info: 1995 Subaru Impreza 1.8 L
I like the concave 02/03 hood shape better.
Old 06-21-2003, 12:29 AM

Car Info: 2004 WRX Sedan
Re: Re: Re: Don't like the 04' hood

haha, yeah I may be a bit biased.

Originally posted by dRu888
...says Chris04WRX...haha

I like the new design though, better then the bugeyes...even though the bugeyes can be made to look quite nice.

but the new design is not better looking then the original gc8 look imo..overall.
Old 06-21-2003, 12:49 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
I'mnot really fond of the '04. I've seen a bunch in person at the dealer and just couldn't warm up to it.

BUGEYES FOREVER!!!
Old 06-21-2003, 08:36 PM

Car Info: TXS tbe, perrin goodies, v7 sti struts...bla bla bla lots of stuff!
Arrow

I like them both sort of...lol
I like the 04's head lights but I am still in love with the "bug eyes" of the 02's and 03's. I can't stand the hood scoop on the 04's though for some reason it just looks a little weird to me, it extends forward to much.. I like the STI version of the 03's where it was an inch taller.. :-)

-Nigel
Old 06-22-2003, 02:12 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Subaru Impreza WRX 2002
I just saw my first 2004, and I have to agree... That hood scoop is ENORMOUS -- it looks like one of those bolt-on fiberglass ones that people used to put on Camaros and Mustangs back when a "T-top" was cool...

And I hate that the fog lamps under the front bumper are gone -- how can you have a rally car without giant lamps? Or is Team Subaru only going to race daytime events from here on out?

It looks to me like Subaru is actually trying to distance themselves from the WRX's rally roots, rather than embrace them. I noticed that none of the four STIs my dealer got (and pre-sold) were the Rally Blue...
Old 06-27-2003, 01:06 PM

meilers: if you look, you will notice that real rally cars dont have the foglights in the same place. the sti rally cars always have the sti foglamp covers on them. the reason is because rocks would demolish any foglamps mounted in the stock location. when night racing they use several hood mounted lamps.
Old 06-27-2003, 01:10 PM

furthermore, although i agree that the jdm foglamps on the new models are more asthetically pleasing, its proven fact the projector lights are superior in both light output and distribution. i only wish the headlamps were projectors as well.

Quick Reply: Don't like the 04' hood