Subaru General Anything about Subaru related that would not be more appropriate in another existing i-Club forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Do you like how the 2008 WRX/STI looks?
Yes, love it
48.45%
No, hate it
50.52%
Havent seen one yet.
1.03%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Do you like how the 08 looks, yes or no?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 10:05 PM

Car Info: WRX 08
Originally Posted by subie OCD
I laugh at anyone that buys a Subaru for its looks.

Well thats fine... You can Put that motor and Technology into any POS... but why be trendy with every other Company and go with a rounded of car which i think looks like a 95 honda Hatch/ mazda 3.. I can bet that Subie Will lose Sells Based on LOOKS... so if your Laughing at me for not wanting to buy a car that looks like ****, Fine by me. Looks matter more then just performance.
Old 04-08-2008, 10:11 PM

Car Info: Drove a Cavalier with a WRX body kit
Originally Posted by Hyper Hippo 02
Well thats fine... You can Put that motor and Technology into any POS... but why be trendy with every other Company and go with a rounded of car which i think looks like a 95 honda Hatch/ mazda 3.. I can bet that Subie Will lose Sells Based on LOOKS... so if your Laughing at me for not wanting to buy a car that looks like ****, Fine by me. Looks matter more then just performance.
I don't think he was directing his comment on you but in general.

I laugh at those that buys a Subaru for its looks.

They have always been ugly, I buy them because they are great reliable AWD vehicles that can handle super good stock, make decent power and respond well to bolt on mods.
haha I chuckled inside. Subarus never looked "nice" nor was it meant to look nice. If you, generally speaking, want nice go German or Italian. Reliability, quick and affordable AWD go Subaru.
Old 04-08-2008, 10:23 PM

Car Info: '11 White Shelby Cobra GT 500
There is no maybe option, So i did't vote. I don't hate them, But i don't love them.
Old 04-08-2008, 10:35 PM

Car Info: 2000 BRP GC8
didnt like them at first.. then they grew on me. i like em.
Old 04-08-2008, 10:39 PM

Car Info: '15 LE STI, '06 WRX White Wheeled Wagon, '06 B9
Originally Posted by thaSicness
Dont contradict your self. You talk about team spirit and hardcore fans. You dont make make threads saying you think 08's are ugly and pass judgment on the drivers that they think theyre better than anybody cuz they drive an 08. Yeah its your opinion but its still a subaru and you should be glad new people are part of this community. Why would you even complain about such a thing? Who cares if they dont wave back. Plenty of times I give props to other subies and they dont wave back. Im not making a thread about it. Its one thing to say you wouldnt purchase an 08 or just dont dig it, but to bash it, pass judgement on the drivers, make a huge deal about it and try to make a poll to prove a point is just unecessary. And like I said the year of your car make no difference who waves to you. The poll is just about 50/50. Are you gonna feel better once more people think its hidious?

The point of my poll was not to make a point that i stated to you earlier. The point is there is no point. I just wanted to know, after discussing its looks with a friend, how many disliked the looks of the 08. I posted this poll to see what the general concensus was. So... if you take it personally i am sorry for that. Get over it. It wasnt directed toward you or "ALL" 08 drivers. In my experience i havent had not one (w00t for double negatives) 08 driver wave yet. We have the ROSA dealership right here. I see them all the time and not a one waves.

And as far as 08 drivers thinking they are better. Whoa sir, I say to you WHOA. I pass no judgement, more simply, I asked this question, " Do the 08 drivers think they are better?" because i was posing a question to the 08 drivers. Since I am not an 08 driver I dont know if thats what they think. and since i dont know I ask. And i believe i even ended the question in a question mark, If i didnt that is my grammatical error.

And if you want my opinion if I think I am better. Yes, in some cases yes. I think my 06 rocks Hyper hippos 02. Why because mine is newer, doesnt have 5,000 dings, or a busted door. But to say that I put all 02's into a category of being worse than my car, I must say that would be an erronous statement. And if it seems that I am bias towards 02-07 years you are correct. I have on a very rare occasion had such owners not return a nod or wave but not to the extent I have experienced from newer rex owners.

And as i recall i dont believe I said 08 car drivers were ugly. You are just being silly. I was talking about the car. And if i do feel better when i think all people think the car is hidious will you take that as personal hit as well. I dont take it personally when people say my beautiful 06 is ugly. I know they are just jealous. SO i pass this unto you. Just think I am jealous of your car, however false of an idea that may be, and go on your way because if you have nothing to add to why drivers of that year may act in the fashion that they do then why argue something that isnt even being argued about. Take a chill pill man and dont take people soap boxes so seriously.
Old 04-08-2008, 10:42 PM

Car Info: '15 LE STI, '06 WRX White Wheeled Wagon, '06 B9
I laugh at those that buys a Subaru for its looks.

They have always been ugly, I buy them because they are great reliable AWD vehicles that can handle super good stock, make decent power and respond well to bolt on mods.
And i say to you sir. Then why didnt you buy an evo. A lot of people buy the subie for its looks. Only women (and this is not a bash on women it is a proven fact by jd power and associates) buy a car for its number of cup holders. My subie sir has 4. Go buy an evo I heard it has 6.
Old 04-08-2008, 11:12 PM

Car Info: '11 White Shelby Cobra GT 500
rofl if i were to buy the car cus of the cup holders i wouldnt have bought a suby. The cup holders in the suby hella suck compaired to the other cars i have owned or do own. I know your not bashing on chicks but i found that hella funny.
Old 04-08-2008, 11:29 PM

Car Info: Subaru WRX 08
No idea where you read me complaining about 08 drivers being ugly. Never said that. I am not angry nor in any way offended. I am simply expressing my opinion as you are.

But I cant help the fact you contradict your self again. You say the sales for 08's are gonna drop but yet you see so many 08 drivers all the time not waving back to you. I must apologize on their behalf, they are truly rude. I guess all people who purchased cars in 08's lost their mannerisms. Such a disastrous year indeed. I promise if I see you I will wave to you. Hopefully it will fulfill you to be acknowledged by such an ugly car.

You are arrogant as much as you are ignorant.

Driving an 08 does not determine ones personality.

Its people like you who stink up the forums with nonsense and pointless trash-talking threads. Nobody cares. We're all enthusiasts and a family. Lets keep it that way.

Originally Posted by Irish_car_B0mb
The point of my poll was not to make a point that i stated to you earlier. The point is there is no point. I just wanted to know, after discussing its looks with a friend, how many disliked the looks of the 08. I posted this poll to see what the general concensus was. So... if you take it personally i am sorry for that. Get over it. It wasnt directed toward you or "ALL" 08 drivers. In my experience i havent had not one (w00t for double negatives) 08 driver wave yet. We have the ROSA dealership right here. I see them all the time and not a one waves.

And as far as 08 drivers thinking they are better. Whoa sir, I say to you WHOA. I pass no judgement, more simply, I asked this question, " Do the 08 drivers think they are better?" because i was posing a question to the 08 drivers. Since I am not an 08 driver I dont know if thats what they think. and since i dont know I ask. And i believe i even ended the question in a question mark, If i didnt that is my grammatical error.

And if you want my opinion if I think I am better. Yes, in some cases yes. I think my 06 rocks Hyper hippos 02. Why because mine is newer, doesnt have 5,000 dings, or a busted door. But to say that I put all 02's into a category of being worse than my car, I must say that would be an erronous statement. And if it seems that I am bias towards 02-07 years you are correct. I have on a very rare occasion had such owners not return a nod or wave but not to the extent I have experienced from newer rex owners.

And as i recall i dont believe I said 08 car drivers were ugly. You are just being silly. I was talking about the car. And if i do feel better when i think all people think the car is hidious will you take that as personal hit as well. I dont take it personally when people say my beautiful 06 is ugly. I know they are just jealous. SO i pass this unto you. Just think I am jealous of your car, however false of an idea that may be, and go on your way because if you have nothing to add to why drivers of that year may act in the fashion that they do then why argue something that isnt even being argued about. Take a chill pill man and dont take people soap boxes so seriously.
Old 04-08-2008, 11:39 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
I had a bugeye for 3 years.....

I could count the number of waives I've gotten on one hand.

Anway, this thread is so 12 months ago.
Old 04-08-2008, 11:52 PM

Car Info: 14 Mazda3 sGT, SOLD 12/26: 00 2.5RS Sedan
I like hatchbacks. That's all. I'd prefer a wagon, but I'm sure it'll grow on me the same way it always have. The only body style that immediately made me want one were the 99-01 2.5RS's (I have one) and the 04-05 Imprezas. I'm sure the current design serves some purpose in terms of performance and functionality. I like the new interior as well. So, for now, I'm on the fence until I'm behind the wheel of one myself.

Anyway, the waving thing's gotten old on me. I don't even expect one anymore because the ownership of these cars aren't so special anymore. I only wave if I get a positive response or the driver is looking directly at me. Even if the guy doesn't wave back, oh well, whatever, must be someone who isn't part of the "community". Not like that person took a sh*t in my cereal.
Old 04-09-2008, 12:10 AM

Car Info: 2008 Forester XT 5spd
I like the 08 STI, especially in person! And the potential, well, see for yourself!

Old 04-09-2008, 01:23 AM

Car Info: Drove a Cavalier with a WRX body kit
Originally Posted by adizon
I like the 08 STI, especially in person! And the potential, well, see for yourself!
Double U - OH - Double U !

That is sexy *drools.
Old 04-09-2008, 01:40 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2005 Unicorn
i would take an 08 sti over an 06/07 sti anyyy day
Old 04-09-2008, 06:00 AM

Car Info: 07 Legacy GT Wagon
I love the hatch. Hate the sedan.
Old 04-09-2008, 09:24 AM

Car Info: 04 STi
Originally Posted by Irish_car_B0mb
And i say to you sir. Then why didnt you buy an evo. A lot of people buy the subie for its looks. Only women (and this is not a bash on women it is a proven fact by jd power and associates) buy a car for its number of cup holders. My subie sir has 4. Go buy an evo I heard it has 6.
Funny you mention that, I almost did buy an evo! They can make power easier and handle better stock. I test drove the 8 and 9 and they are great cars but there are a few different reasons why I stayed with Subaru:

1) Reliability

2) I bought used and this brings me back to the first point, I would not comfortable buying a used Evo.

3) I had already owned 2 Subarus before my current STi and I didnt feel like relearning a new platform.

4) I already had mods from my wrx to slap on the STi.

5) Going back to the second point, I couldnt get myself to buy a used Evo and brand new Evo 9's were much too expensive for my buget.

6) The bullet proof 6-SP transmission. It is far superior to the Evo tranny.

Sorry but I didnt factor in cupholders into my decision As far as looks go they are both OK looking rice rockets...the Evo looks more sleek but the STi looks much more aggressive.

Now a black z06, that is straght 53x !

Quick Reply: Do you like how the 08 looks, yes or no?