Subaru General Anything about Subaru related that would not be more appropriate in another existing i-Club forum.

Bride seat question

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2014, 11:25 AM

Car Info: 2012 STi sedan
Bride seat question

I am currently debating to purchase a Bride Ergo 1 seat (reclinable) from a friend. It is coming out of an 04 Sti, and would be going into my '12 Sti.

First question is, has anyone ever had this seat and what do you think of it? Second, if I decided to put it in my car, could I use the rails that were used in her car, in mine? Or would I have to buy new rails for the seat to be able to fit in my car.
Ive seen the universal bride rails on RSD but just wanted to see what you all have done/think.

Thanks brochachos
Old 09-11-2014, 11:57 AM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Car Info: 2011 SWP WRX Hatch
Mounting points are different, you'll need new rails/bracket.

I don't have any experience with Bride seats. I'd say sit in it, if it feels comfortable then you're good to go. IMO, comfort is #1.
Old 09-11-2014, 12:00 PM
I survived the Mod Challenge and all I got was this lousy title

Car Info: ...zeh car drives you!
Originally Posted by its.cmac
I am currently debating to purchase a Bride Ergo 1 seat (reclinable) from a friend. It is coming out of an 04 Sti, and would be going into my '12 Sti.

First question is, has anyone ever had this seat and what do you think of it? Second, if I decided to put it in my car, could I use the rails that were used in her car, in mine? Or would I have to buy new rails for the seat to be able to fit in my car.
Ive seen the universal bride rails on RSD but just wanted to see what you all have done/think.

Thanks brochachos
I only sat in one briefly, but it seemed almost exact to my Sparco Turino 2 seats that I have in my cars. It is a great street/spirited driving seat, but it lacks overall stiffness and thigh/leg support of a more aggressively bolstered/track dedicated seats (which might not be as comfortable or easy to get in/out for daily purposes). So it depends on what your plans are.

You can use the sliding rails, but you will need new seat bases because I am 99.99% certain mounting pattern changed with the GR (08+) model. Before that the same base could be used on almost any model from 1992 through 2007

Hope this helps...
Old 09-11-2014, 01:34 PM

Car Info: 2012 STi sedan
Cool yea i just planning on using it for daily driving. Thanks for the help guys, im gonna go check it out today. Only thing i was worried about was if the seats were car specific, which clearly theyre not. Ill just need to get new seat bases then. The sliding mount and everything else should work then.

If anyone owns one please chime in! Tell me your thoughts on it