Subaru General Anything about Subaru related that would not be more appropriate in another existing i-Club forum.

02 2.5 Rs

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2004, 01:08 AM
Straight as an arrow

Car Info: The Fit is gone!
If you can afford it, go for it. Its probably essentially the same swap as a pre-02 2.5 to WRX motor swap, so do more research on that.
Old 01-06-2004, 12:28 PM

Car Info: 2010 370z Roadster, 2008 Frontier CrewCab
If you don't have the skills to do the swap yourself (labor), it might be expensive. Is your 2.5 out of warranty yet?
Old 01-06-2004, 09:53 PM

Car Info: Toyota Tacoma
i don't have anything to contribute, but where did you find the information for the 01 swap if you don't mind my asking, i'm considering that swap myself sometime later, i personally would buy they engine, then swap it once my warranty was up.
Old 01-07-2004, 01:56 AM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
I viewed your posted thread without having any information to contribute because your Subject line is very vague.

--
0==WW==0
"…axles of evil…" - george w. bush
Old 01-07-2004, 06:17 AM

Car Info: 2010 370z Roadster, 2008 Frontier CrewCab
Originally posted by sean99
warrenty's about over. what kinda money are we lookin at to do athe swap. so i would probably wait until my warrentys up do put the motor in. but he is selling if fairly cheep so i might buy it within the next couple days just to have it, then when the warrenty is up put it in. but i need to no what i need to do the swap, roughly how much, all that good stuff. i no i would be doing the swap my self, i dont know enough about that stuff yet.
Costs could vary depending on who you bring your car to. The only thing I could suggest is to check out a few shops local to you. Make sure they are not too far away from you in case you have them do the swap and need to bring it back with a problem.

Also, you'll need to tell the shop exactly what parts are included in the engine you are planning on buying. I think all the small stuff will add up to a lot. For example, does the engine include the turbo, downpipe, ecu, etc? If not, you'll need to factor in the cost of these parts before commiting to the swap (unless you have unlimited funds ).