STi Countdown Perfect place to engage in hot discussions about the upcoming WRX STi. Please post all US WRX STi questions, answers, speculations here

Nos & STI

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2003, 05:34 PM

Car Info: 03 yellow WRX stage 1
Nos & STI

So whats up with the STI and puttin a simple shot of NOS inside. it seems the internals of the new STI could handle it and if so would it be worth while cuz i've experienced subaru top speed is only like 140 and its mostly and fast accelerating car because of the AWD and relaly isnt for much faster than that
Old 04-22-2003, 06:11 PM

Car Info: black o2 sedan
dont waste your money, there are safer and more trouble-free (which equals easier) ways to make power

the sti is a beautifull thing, and i would hate to see you screw a supercar up over some $600 nitrous kit, but thats just my opinion

easy street ran their record breaking time with nitrous
Old 04-23-2003, 05:40 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Re: Nos & STI

Originally posted by Slamsitin
So whats up with the STI and puttin a simple shot of NOS inside. it seems the internals of the new STI could handle it and if so would it be worth while cuz i've experienced subaru top speed is only like 140 and its mostly and fast accelerating car because of the AWD and relaly isnt for much faster than that

Can you tell me how Nitrous is going to increase the top speed?

-Gagan
Old 04-23-2003, 05:55 PM
Admin v2.0

Car Info: 02 Black Legacy GT
In general, NOS can increase top speed.

That would be a case where a car has mechanical (gearing) potential to reach higher speeds but cannot do so, due to the lack of power. That would be a case with like Metro, Assfire and other putt-putts.

If, a car's top speed is gear limited, then no matter how much power you are pushing, you will not go faster than your last (5th or 6th) gear will allow you to.

Subaru's top speed is gear limited. So NOS will not help. It will help reaching those speeds faster.

However, I think that putting NOS on an STi is a crime.
Old 04-25-2003, 07:30 PM

Car Info: 2003 SRP WRX Wagon
Re: nitous

Originally posted by IllNastyImpreza
A turbo just forces more outside air into your engine....who needs that?

*raises hand*!!!! boost has become an addiction...

Originally posted by IllNastyImpreza
A turbo just forces more outside air into your engine....who needs that? just get an efficent RAM air intake and nitrous and you will be doing ALOT better....o yea...nitrous is alot cheaper too.
i just want to make sure that im understanding you. you are saying that N20 and a good RAM air intake is a more efficient way to make power than a turbocharger...

is that correct?

Quick Reply: Nos & STI