Stereo & Security Sound systems, alarms, and radar detectors.

Thoughts & Assistance?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2008, 11:26 PM

Car Info: 2005 Silver STI, CF Hood on P1 Rota's
Question Thoughts & Assistance?

Hey all,
I am in the market for a new deck to take place of the double din stock deck in my 05 STI. My BDay is coming up and my wife has offered to buy me a deck, but I am stuck on what 1 to get. I am thinking of putting a double din dvd/ipod deck in the stock decks place, but i am torn between a few. Can you offer some help and advice please? I wish to make the right choice. Below is a list of a few im looking at, and please be honest, it will help lol.
Clarion MAX385VD ($500 rough)
JVC KW-AVX710 ($500 rough)
Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD ($500 rough)

Any other opinions on a diff deck, im all for it. I want dvd play back, ipod hook up and blue tooth hook up. Nav is not important, but might be cool, but should have touch screen on the deck. Thanks guys!

Oh Yea...BTW, Any ideas on a good priced car alarm? what do you guys have? Not worried about the car getting stolen, I have a access port and map it with the anti theft map. But the items inside need some protection. Lemme know, and in advance, thanks for the help.

Last edited by endlesskreation; 07-12-2008 at 11:43 PM.
Old 07-13-2008, 12:45 PM

Car Info: 05 cgm imp
my knowledge is only limited to pioneer because thats mostly what i install.
if you dont care about nav, p4000 is cool, its ready for everything like you want but the bluetooth adapator for pioneer is bread -,.- i think 150.
ipod cable is 50 for pioneer. my choise would be z2 but bit expensive. pioneer d3 is good too, circuit and other places have them for sale sometimes at around 600 or less. d3 is pretty much the same as p4000 but with nav.

as for alarm, since you got 05 sti, you should get a remotestart alarm for remote starting and turbo timer, i have python 990a(two way paging remote). your car has a safty wire (neutral position wire) at the ecu that you can hook it up to alarm so it wont start in gear, its saved me many, many times.
Old 08-10-2008, 01:35 PM

Car Info: Hilux Double Cab with a Dishka on top
Originally Posted by endlesskreation
Hey all,
I am in the market for a new deck to take place of the double din stock deck in my 05 STI. My BDay is coming up and my wife has offered to buy me a deck, but I am stuck on what 1 to get. I am thinking of putting a double din dvd/ipod deck in the stock decks place, but i am torn between a few. Can you offer some help and advice please? I wish to make the right choice. Below is a list of a few im looking at, and please be honest, it will help lol.
Clarion MAX385VD ($500 rough)
JVC KW-AVX710 ($500 rough)
Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD ($500 rough)

Any other opinions on a diff deck, im all for it. I want dvd play back, ipod hook up and blue tooth hook up. Nav is not important, but might be cool, but should have touch screen on the deck. Thanks guys!

Oh Yea...BTW, Any ideas on a good priced car alarm? what do you guys have? Not worried about the car getting stolen, I have a access port and map it with the anti theft map. But the items inside need some protection. Lemme know, and in advance, thanks for the help.
Get a Compustar alarm. If you're in the Bay Area, go hit up Audiomobile in Oakland.