2007 Impreza HOOD SWAP

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 02:02 PM

Car Info: 07 Impreza 2.5i SE Sedan
2007 Impreza HOOD SWAP

OK, I posted a previous thread:

Alright, this is my first post on this forum. I recently traded in a 2005 Mustang for a 2007 2.5i SE sedan. Loving it so far, although I did take a hit on horsepower and torque. But the handling makes up for it. I am new to this thread but not new to modding. I had done a decent amount of work on the stang. However, with rear wheel drive and an open differential, I just didn't have much confidence in handling here in the hills of KY especially during snow season (could have upgraded to posi-trac, but I prefer the route I went). Now on to my question: I have been searching all over the net for a source of where to buy an OEM (painted if possible but not mandatory) 07 WRX hood with hood scoop. I am finding it fairly difficult to find parts for this new car, it was so much easier (and cheaper) with the stang. I realize that the dealer is a source, but I know I would get @$$ raped if I bought it from them. With the stang I was able to find numerous "takeoff" sites where I could get OEM GT parts to slap on, but no such luck so far with the suby. Does anyone know where I could attain an OEM 07 WRX hood w/ scoop? Thanks in advance. (I know you may be asking, "why are you putting a scoop on an N/A car without an intercooler?" Well, I just like the look of it. My power days are over. Power just doesn't mean that much to me anymore. I found that the times that I could actually use it were far and few between, so most of the time it just went to waste and cost me MPG. So, I will be doing some basic mods to this car, mainly suspension, get it to look how I like it and that's about it. Afterall, I've seen plently of Mustangs with hood scoops and they are N/A, and no one gives them any crap. It just looks nice).

And someone replied and recommended I post a thread about possibly swaping my hood with someone. So, I have a 07 2.5i sedan (Urban Gray Metalic) and am looking to swap my OEM hood with someone who has an 07 WRX hood w/ scoop in the same color. Anyone interested just let me know. Thanks!
Old 10-28-2007, 02:45 PM

Car Info: 413whp/461wtq
In your situation I would try to find someone who has a FMIC and is looking for the scoolpless look. something like this:

Name:  860754_78_full.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  60.2 KB

ask them if they would consider swapping hoods with you.
Old 10-28-2007, 03:30 PM

Car Info: 07 Impreza 2.5i SE Sedan
Re: Fmic

Yeah, that's the plan. I really don't see many suby drivers around here in KY (hell, this is my first Subaru), so finding someone nearby to trade with may be a problem. It's not something I have to have, if it works out it would be nice though. I'll keep searching for wrecked ones that may be parted out, or someone who has an FMIC. Thanks.