ITN Road Rally 4.30.06

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2006, 08:06 PM

Car Info: 03 WRX | 95 GC
Talking ITN Road Rally 4.30.06

- official web page - informational PDF - Registration Form - ITN Home Page -

nasioc.com thread: ultimate rally weekend!

Last edited by Rapid_Roo; 03-22-2006 at 08:08 AM. Reason: updated info
Old 03-14-2006, 02:12 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Giant Bowery '84
i'm tempted to do it without the navigator.
Old 03-14-2006, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by hey1

it's been done before. even by first timers I wouldn't recommend it though.

Hey Mikey this one is one a SUNDAY!!!! you better come.

marvin
Old 03-22-2006, 08:08 AM

updated info.
Old 04-03-2006, 10:43 AM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by hey1
ill navigate for you its a sunday
Old 04-03-2006, 01:19 PM

Yay!! alright Mikey's coming

see you there Bro.
Old 04-03-2006, 01:52 PM
9 to 5 mod

are you doign it kevin if not ill enter my car
Old 04-04-2006, 06:13 PM
VIP Member

i'm not going. i think i'll be in japan
Old 04-04-2006, 07:11 PM

awwwww man.
Old 04-05-2006, 08:59 AM
VIP Member

I'll go to the one afterward.
Old 04-05-2006, 09:12 AM
9 to 5 mod

sweet kevin

hook it up with the spec c roof thing

some v7 rims

the gauges

ej205
Old 04-05-2006, 09:45 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by sigma pi
sweet kevin

hook it up with the spec c roof thing

some v7 rims

the gauges

ej205
are you serious? i might be able to.. we'll see..
Old 04-05-2006, 09:56 AM
9 to 5 mod

well ok pick one off the list

im hoping roof scoop with teh seal and inside parts
Old 04-13-2006, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by CarZero
This is the first Spring 2006 ITN Rally Update. If you don't want to get these messages, please reply with the word "cancel".

Everyone else should get ready for Angels Crown on Sunday, April 30. Registration opens at 8:30 at the IHOP just off 101 at the Turnpike exit in Santa Barbara. Regular and Experts reg at 10 am. Rally starts at Noon, Finishes by 6 pm. Entry fee is $25 for Expert, Regular and Novice classes, $10 for Beginners, and FREE for first-timers. For more info go to
http://members.***.net/davidbudlong/...rown/flyer.pdf. David has put together an awesome event, with an especially challenging, and very clean, Expert course. The wildflowers in Santa Barbara county are profuse this year, and are all over the course. The Novice and Beginner courses are just the right level of challenge. It should be a great run. I know that on checkout I got to see places I'd never seen before on a rally. And the food at the Finish is phenomenal. I mean really, really phenomenal.

To make the weekend even more interesting, there is a Porsche Club TSD Rally on Saturday, April 29, so, if you can't get enough rallying, go to both. I certainly will be. Our good friend, Joe Boucher, is the rallymaster for the tsd event, and there is a class without traps. If you've never tried a tsd type rally before, this is a good place to start. You'll find their flyer on our website at www.itnrally.org. Go to "events".

Many thanks to all who participated in Training Wheels on February 18. Scores have been up on the website for some time. Eventually, there will be a critique for the event up as well. I've been working on it since the rally, and it's turning into an epic Novel, but it will be there, and I hope it will be worthwhile.

Special thanks to the guys at Rally Innovations for the cool markers and clipboards that everyone got at Start. If you're going to upgrade your Sube, this is the place to start. http://www.rallyinnovations.com.

Also thanks to Monaco Systems for the Drivers Challenge trophies. They make great timing software for running Monte Carlo style rallies. This stuff runs on any PC. If you've got a laptop you should check it out http://www.monacorallysystems.com for more info.

After Angels Crown, please make plans to join us for The Midnight Run on May 27. Entry fee is only $25 per car and the event is 12 hours long, so it's just about the best value in motorsports. (I had about 24 hours of rally after my first run, so I've cut it down to just the really good stuff.) I think you'll really like it.

The rally features a special dual leg, where you can take your choice of a paved or unpaved route, each of equal time. The unpaved course is mostly paved, but features about 20 miles of very fast, hard clay road without major rocks or potholes. It runs through a saline valley and has a 55 mph speed limit. Most turns are sweepers with lots of visibility, and the few hairpins and right angle turns are well marked.

HQ for the rally is the Ramada Limited in Grapevine. Rally Registration will open at 3 pm poolside, weather permitting, or in a room if it's raining. Just ask for the rally at the desk. It's a good idea to get a room for Saturday night. You can work on your routes in groups that way, and we'll be back about 7 am. With a late checkout that means you can leave at 1 pm and can catch some winks before driving home, that is, if you don't just decide to stay Sunday night too. Also, just across the street from the hotel is the Finish, and there will be a full bar set up for us at 7 am, so if you need a nap after the awards... there you go. Call 661 248 3149 for a reservation.

Finally, I'd like to announce a new policy regarding ITN membership. We have no dues, no formal officers, and no meetings. There is no Initiation fee. If you call yourself an ITN member, you must work at least one rally per year. For each rally you work, you run one for free. Simple as that.

We'd like to invite all of you to join us now. It's time for the club to let some new people in. Just email me back with your name, mailing address and phone numbers. You'll be amazed at how much you learn about rallying by working on one. It definitely makes you a better rallyist.

And there's no better way to learn than to run Checkout, which is like a dress rehearsal of the rally itself. The next chance to do so is the Midnight Run checkout on May 13 - 14. If you can't make it on Memorial Day weekend, or if you'd like to work instead of run on Midnight, come run checkout with us. We'll meet in Grapevine at 1pm on Saturday, May 13, and be back there for Finish by 9 am Sunday. Send back an email if you want to be there.

Best wishes for a happy Easter and Passover. We'll see you in Santa Barbara for Angels Crown on April 30.

Hope to see ya'll at Angel's Crown, and hope you are preparing yourself for the adventure that is the Midnight Run

RR
www.ITNRally.org
Old 04-21-2006, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by carzero
Hi everybody,

This is a last minute update. In order to organize our worker deployment, we need to get an accurate idea of how many of you are coming on Sunday, April 30, for Angels Crown in Santa Barbara.

Please send a message to David at davidbudlong@***.net, even if you've already let us know. Payment in advance is not required, but if you'd like to use Paypal, you can make payment directly to David.

The rally measures out at about 170 miles total, so a lot of you are going to be able to make it on one tank. There are some really incredible roads on this event. David found stuff that even I didn't know existed, and that takes some doing. To find out more about the rally go to http://members.***.net/davidbudlong/...rown/flyer.pdf.

BE THERE!

Joe
get them emails in folks.

thanks,

RR