SoCal Classifieds Cars, parts, electronics, etc for sale and trade. Private parties and approved regional i-Club Vendors.

Any Info, Please...

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2006, 11:24 AM

Car Info: 05 RSTurbo Wagon
Question Any Info, Please...

I was just wondering…does anyone have any information about Byron Leggett’s work?
I am sure as some of you know I am in the market for a motor swap and I came across a nice gentleman by the name of Byron who is more then willing to work on a motor for me.
Has anyone heard of any past work from him? Has he done any other motors? Does he have any past experience with motor swaps and upgrading turbo? Any information about this individual would be really helpful.

Thanks.
Old 06-28-2006, 11:30 AM
Admin v2.0

Car Info: 02 Black Legacy GT
Byron is old school. He had a sick *** GC8 back in the day when turbo Subaru's were really rare in US. I am not sure who he uses these days for motor work. Last I saw him, he was working at Injen. He is well connected in the industry. He used to have a company called B-Spec.
Old 06-28-2006, 11:36 AM

Yeah. injen is one of my sponsors. I just wanted to know of his work as far as building a motor. I’m am not trying to get into what I am planning on doing with my car, but I just want to know if he has don’t any of that kind of work. Taking a block...upgrading the turbo...tuning. Things like that

Originally Posted by Imprezer
Byron is old school. He had a sick *** GC8 back in the day when turbo Subaru's were really rare in US. I am not sure who he uses these days for motor work. Last I saw him, he was working at Injen. He is well connected in the industry. He used to have a company called B-Spec.
Old 06-28-2006, 11:45 AM
Admin v2.0

My general advice on built motors for Subaru's is to stay away from them. Since your car is NA, I'd say convert it to WRX spec wiring wise, and get a JDM STi motor. Or, do a full US Spec STi swap. More reliable, and just as good (JDM Spec C motor) and cheaper and without headaches.
Old 06-28-2006, 12:53 PM

Car Info: Saaburu 92x Aero
My general advice on built motors for Subaru's is to stay away from them. Since your car is NA, I'd say convert it to WRX spec wiring wise, and get a JDM STi motor. Or, do a full US Spec STi swap. More reliable, and just as good (JDM Spec C motor) and cheaper and without headaches.
Right on. The NA motors are not designed to handle the stress unless you are talking about increasing your cylinder size. As far as turbocharging a NA motor, to do it right it will cost quit a bit of $$ to put in new connector rods, gaskets, cylinder sleeves etc. It is better and cheapter to do a complete motor and wiring swap to an STi spec.
Old 06-28-2006, 01:02 PM

Dude...
I’m putting a new 2.5L WRX block into my car and I am taking it from there. I am not asking what you think my car will be able to handle. I am asking about this individuals past work...I need to know if this individuals work has any type of creditability.

Thanks

Originally Posted by voipchuck
Right on. The NA motors are not designed to handle the stress unless you are talking about increasing your cylinder size. As far as turbocharging a NA motor, to do it right it will cost quit a bit of $$ to put in new connector rods, gaskets, cylinder sleeves etc. It is better and cheapter to do a complete motor and wiring swap to an STi spec.
Old 06-28-2006, 01:09 PM
Admin v2.0

His past credibility would not mean anything now, as it was too long ago and since it is not him who is actually working on engines (from what I know)...
Old 06-28-2006, 01:11 PM

*sigh*...it IS going to be HIM working on my engine.
Past Creditability is extremely important. If it wasn’t him working on my engine and it wasn’t important...I wouldn’t bother asking...

His past credibility would not mean anything now, as it was too long ago and since it is not him who is actually working on engines (from what I know)...
Old 06-28-2006, 01:18 PM
Admin v2.0

Just a heads up, you might not be meaning it that way, but you are sounding pretty rude with your comments.

Byron is a cool dude. His OVERALL credibility is contraversal. And back in the day he WAS NOT the one WORKING ON ENGINES and TUNING his car. His friend from UPRD was. That's all I am gonna say to you.
Old 06-28-2006, 01:57 PM

Car Info: Subaru Wagon 05 RS
Ya relax!
Old 06-28-2006, 02:02 PM

Rude??? Hardly...I didn’t want to run around about my car...the question was about his work...not what’s being done to my car...
also,
He is a very cool guy. I have had the pleasure of talking with him and hanging out with him at Injen. My only concerns are his experience.’

Just a heads up, you might not be meaning it that way, but you are sounding pretty rude with your comments.

Byron is a cool dude. His OVERALL credibility is contraversal. And back in the day he WAS NOT the one WORKING ON ENGINES and TUNING his car. His friend from UPRD was. That's all I am gonna say to you.
Old 06-28-2006, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by crazee195
Ya relax!
Old 06-28-2006, 05:37 PM

Car Info: '02 PSM WRX
Originally Posted by Niki2.5RsWgn
Rude??? Hardly...I didn’t want to run around about my car...the question was about his work...not what’s being done to my car...
also,
He is a very cool guy. I have had the pleasure of talking with him and hanging out with him at Injen. My only concerns are his experience.’

Rude??? Yes, you are coming off quite a bit rude. Putting in words such as "Dude..." or "*sigh*" is not needed and makes it sound as if you are annoyed at what people are giving input about.

IMHO, if you want people's help you should try and outline the situation better, such as telling what he might be working on (and before you start saying how that's not what your asking, in fact it IS what you're asking because you're asking for his credibility on certain items and it would be helpful to tell us what it is he'd be working on), and sounding a lot more respectful.
Old 06-28-2006, 07:46 PM

Car Info: Saaburu 92x Aero
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Niki2.5RsWgn
also,
Dude, you know Imprezer is the ADMIN for this site right?

You are being an assh*le to everyone right now. I don't know if your are on your PMS or what...

ugh! whatevers, Im not going to waste more time talking to you. Go F.O.A.D.
Old 06-28-2006, 10:46 PM

Car Info: Subaru Wagon 05 RS
wow people seem to be getting a lil touchy here... did nasioc and i-club merge together... lol

I might be the only one that got the question. I don't think the details of what he is doing is needed to answer his credability of workmenship with the Subaru motor.

Quick Reply: Any Info, Please...