What is love? How do you express it to your surroundings?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 10:29 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Giant Bowery '84
What is love? How do you express it to your surroundings?

What is love? How do you express it to your surroundings? How do you express it to people you truly love? Your family, significant other, close friends and maybe even coworkers.
Old 01-19-2007, 10:38 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Meep Meep!
lady don't hurt me... don't hurt me.. no more... what is...

Name:  whatislove0hl.gif
Views: 5
Size:  96.7 KB

Oh wait...

Uh... Hrmm.. Can you even put love into words? I mean seriously, how do you put into words a "feeling", especially this one. And if you could, would others share the same feeling, or have the same image in their mind? If I said, love is like having a girl that swallows (sorry, not trying to deteriorate your thread, im just using it as an example), others might think "You sick ***", but what if that really meant "love" to me, it shows that shes willing to do ANYTHING, i mean ANYTHING, regardless how nasty it is-- to please her mate because she loves me that much..

I guess what i'm trying to say Kev is; You could probably spend all day trying to explain what "Love is" in your eyes, but unless people actually see it through YOUR eyes, they may not understand, or see it at the level you do. Thats is one of the big mysteries about love, and why its so special and why we all look for it. It's yours and yours alone.

I dunno if I'm making any sense.. I haven't had my coffee yet, and I'm still a bit sleepy..

Last edited by UberMaus; 01-19-2007 at 10:44 AM.
Old 01-19-2007, 10:40 AM

Car Info: oh seben lay-gah-C
"Love is a basic dimension of human experience that is variously conveyed as a sense of tender affection, an intense attraction, the foundation of intimacy and good interpersonal chemistry, willing self-sacrifice on behalf of another, and as an ineffable sense of affinity or connection to nature, other living beings, or even that which is unseen. It manifests itself in feelings, emotion, behavior, thoughts, perception and attitude. It influences, underlies and defines major patterns in interpersonal relationships and self-identification."

Old 01-19-2007, 10:47 AM

Car Info: SUBARU
Old 01-19-2007, 11:39 AM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
im more into the actions than saying the words

anyone can say it

but not everyone that says it can show it
its what you do
Old 01-19-2007, 11:56 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by sigma pi
im more into the actions than saying the words

anyone can say it

but not everyone that says it can show it
its what you do
I totally agree and that's why I'm asking how people express it? What people do to express it?
Old 01-19-2007, 12:01 PM
VIP Member

Love is tough. Love is time consuming. Love sucks up all your energy. Love is a great investment.
Old 01-19-2007, 12:02 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2013 Toyota Prius Plug In 2011 Toyota Prius
Originally Posted by hey1
What is love? How do you express it to your surroundings? How do you express it to people you truly love? Your family, significant other, close friends and maybe even coworkers.
Love is a false sense of security when applied to a boyfriend girlfriend or boyfriend boyfriend or girlfriend girlfriend relationship. In many ways it can be used as a tool to help secure intimate possibilities.

To express love in your surroundings is by keeping it platonic. Love changes its definition when applied within these areas. Love can be, a phone call to see how your friend or piers are doing. Thinking of them, caring for them, missing them can all be summed up within an expression of love to your surrounding. This can also be applied to object as well. Kevin loves his car very much. He does not make love to it, but he expresses his great appreciation towards it by cleaning it, giving it a wash, or an oil change. Same applies for Fin and Jill. Jill is an extension of FIN, it may be apart of his body, but he treats it as an separate entity. You do things for others without question because you value them.
Old 01-19-2007, 12:05 PM
9 to 5 mod

Love is tough. Love is time consuming. Love sucks up all your energy. Love is a great investment.
haha its not a good investment there is no garuntee on a return
Old 01-19-2007, 12:05 PM
VIP Member

That's a fantastic answer. Thanks Franco.
Old 01-19-2007, 12:06 PM
9 to 5 mod

I totally agree and that's why I'm asking how people express it? What people do to express it?
drive to go pick up your girls fave food and surprise her at wrok with it
Old 01-19-2007, 12:21 PM
VIP Member

With that said, do any of you feel that you're not receiving love from me? I think I need to learn more before I crash my life and dreams. I didn't mean to be such natural selfish bastard. Or lover?
Old 01-19-2007, 12:34 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2013 Toyota Prius Plug In 2011 Toyota Prius
With that said, do any of you feel that you're not receiving love from me? I think I need to learn more before I crash my life and dreams. I didn't mean to be such natural selfish bastard. Or lover?
I still talk to you every now and then. Saw you around the holidays, still consider you a friend. You never pick up my phone calls anymore but thats fine, I respect you are busy.

You are horrible in bed though but great at Cranium.
Old 01-19-2007, 12:59 PM
9 to 5 mod

i know you still love us

but i understand about the houdini thing

i pulled that too
Old 01-19-2007, 01:06 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Meep Meep!
Originally Posted by LifePlaza
I still talk to you every now and then. Saw you around the holidays, still consider you a friend. You never pick up my phone calls anymore but thats fine, I respect you are busy.

You are horrible in bed though but great at Cranium.
hahahhaha kev sucks in bed, but gives good head.. Good to know..

Unco, dun feel like that. We all still consider you as a friend. When we are hanging out, you come up quite often. It goes without saying that we all still love you man *sniff...sniff*, I've learned that friends, no matter what love unconditionally and will always be there..

Now if you'll pass me my rainbow flag, I have a parade to attend to..

Quick Reply: What is love? How do you express it to your surroundings?