Turbo timer and Factory alarm?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2004, 08:31 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: .
Question Turbo timer and Factory alarm?

Sup all! This has probably been answered already but does anyone know how to have the factory alarm to arm after installing a turbo timer? Any help is much appreciated.
p.s anyone live near rowland heights/brea area?
Old 05-30-2004, 07:45 PM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
and the other forums are alot more help the technical ie ej20 electrical stuff liek that
Old 05-30-2004, 10:28 PM

Car Info: Visit my homepage to see everything I have done.
All you have to do is remove the lower dash panel underneath the steering wheel.

Then look above your fuse box and find a black box that says KeyLess Entry on it.

Remove the one 10mm nut that holds it on.

Then take and strip back some of the electrical tape that holds all of the wires together.

Find the green wire with the black stripe on it and cut it, but make sure to cut it far enough away from the end of the harness so that you can put a butt splice in to reattach them if you ever need to.

After you cut the wire, tape the ends and replace everything.

Next remove the part of the middle console that is right in front of the storage space.

You will find the Security System box.

Unplug the harness from it and strip back the tape like on the other one.

Find the all grey wire and cut it, but remember to stay far enough away from the harness so you have enough to put a butt splice in if you need to.

Tape off the ends of the wire and reassemble.

That is it, in short you are cutting the green w/ black wire on the keyless box, and the all grey wire on the security box.

Nick
Old 06-01-2004, 12:09 PM
VIP Member

Thumbs up

thanks Rizzo!
one last question. By cutting the wires am I still arming the alarm or just having the chirping sounds? thanks again everyone...
Old 06-01-2004, 02:10 PM

Car Info: 01 GM8 WRX
Anyone has experience with the AVO advanced turbo timer? I have the same problem w/ mine, I have to wait until the car shuts off until the alarm can be engaged, I don't have the factory alarm on my RS btw...anyone with a Turboed RS that can help a brovah out???
Old 06-01-2004, 02:45 PM

The alarm is still fully functional when you do this. So you have nothing to worry about.

Nick
Old 06-01-2004, 04:43 PM
9 to 5 mod

Originally Posted by frakk's2.5
Anyone has experience with the AVO advanced turbo timer? I have the same problem w/ mine, I have to wait until the car shuts off until the alarm can be engaged, I don't have the factory alarm on my RS btw...anyone with a Turboed RS that can help a brovah out???
n00b
Old 06-02-2004, 11:49 AM

Car Info: 01 GM8 WRX
Originally Posted by sigma pi
n00b
The quote n0ob is coming from the guy who could've possibly said the best quote ever in the history of Subaru internet boards right???

Originally Posted by sigmapi
well the 1.8 guys arent boxer engines and they are mounted left to right so its not like it is that similar
Old 06-02-2004, 01:58 PM
9 to 5 mod

HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA THATS SOOOOOOOOOO OG i love it you rock for remembering me *tear*
Old 06-06-2004, 12:20 PM
VIP Member

Exclamation

Thanks alot! I cut the Dark Green wire in the keyless entry box under the dash. But when it came down to cut the grey line in the middle consol, I don't see a security system box. Maybe its different on an sti. Has anyone done this on an sti? please let me know.
Old 06-06-2004, 01:44 PM

Do you have the factory alarm on your STi? One way to tell is to look at the passenger side strut tower. If there is a bracket with a horn then you have the alarm. No bracket = no alarm.

Nick
Old 06-06-2004, 02:25 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRX Sedan - Silver
The box under the center console also has a potentiometer in the top of it. That's how I noticed it. The potentiometer is to adjust the setting of the shock sensor.

If you have the factory alarm, and you get this all to work like I did, a couple of hints:

Arming your alarm with the car running, and the stereo blasting may set the alarm off

Seriously, though....you might have to adjust the shock sensor for things running such as the air conditioning. My car arms & shuts down just fine, but if I have the A/C on, the motor shakes just a little more under the load, and it'll set the alarm off.

Good luck!
Old 06-06-2004, 02:28 PM

I had the same problem in the winter when I would start my car and set the turbo timer to 10 minutes. The vibration of the car would sometimes set it off.

Nick
Old 06-06-2004, 07:20 PM
VIP Member

Thumbs up

Guess what I am having trouble finding is the Security System Box. There's the DCCD harness, the mirror adjustment, leaving 3 left. One of them is the directional sensor, one that says "do not dissasemble" leaving one left. In any case I have yet to find the elusive "grey" wire. I do have the factory alarm, but maybe the Securty System Box is located somewhere else? I can't seem to get this thing done. thanks again!

Quick Reply: Turbo timer and Factory alarm?