teh COD4 thread (call of duty 4)

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 10:17 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Meep Meep!
[puto] =

We should all study the maps and names of the spawn points, so we don't spend so much time trying to say stuff like .. Uh.... house with the wooden steps that go into the river bed..

Well at least for me anyway.. Damn, by the time im done explaining, they are there already..LOL!
Old 01-09-2008, 10:39 AM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
i agree!
Old 01-09-2008, 10:42 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: rx8
Originally Posted by UberMaus

We should all study the maps and names of the spawn points, so we don't spend so much time trying to say stuff like .. Uh.... house with the wooden steps that go into the river bed..

Well at least for me anyway.. Damn, by the time im done explaining, they are there already..LOL!
lol
that map doesn't have a name for it either
since the riverbed splits the buildings
we can just call it southside shack next to stone bridge
Old 01-09-2008, 10:42 AM

I tried to join last night and still get server error when ever I get an invite.

Yeah Uber your right. have to get the maps and do walk throughs and learn the buildings and alleys.

Does anyone know, if you take all flags where does the opposition's spawn port opens.

Another thing, do you guys get the 10 minute downloading game setting screen some times?
Old 01-09-2008, 11:04 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Ichinobu
I tried to join last night and still get server error when ever I get an invite.

Yeah Uber your right. have to get the maps and do walk throughs and learn the buildings and alleys.

Does anyone know, if you take all flags where does the opposition's spawn port opens.

Another thing, do you guys get the 10 minute downloading game setting screen some times?
if u capture all the flags they should start spawning on the other side of the map away from enemies.

the game errors should have been fixed, there was a huge server side update made last night. but you can try to open ports 3094 and 3095 UDP for cod matchmaking.
Old 01-09-2008, 11:05 AM
9 to 5 mod

no i dont ichi

we need to have a dinner with a black board and over head projector

call up resturants to see if we can get a banquent place hehe like a pizza place

say its our softball team watching our game haha
Old 01-09-2008, 11:06 AM
VIP Member

update from the IW board
Firstly, on behalf of Activision and DemonWare, I’d like to apologize for the difficulties you’ve experienced while playing the PlayStation 3 version of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare during the holiday season.

The fact is that we’ve experienced an unprecedented load on the DemonWare backend servers, which has steadily increased since late December beyond our expectations. In spite of all of our planning and precautions, the extreme load revealed several issues. These issues triggered unscheduled downtime this past month. As we encountered issues, we deployed additional hardware and/or optimized the server infrastructure to keep the service up and running. However, while the servers were active for the vast majority of the time, many players experienced significant wait times repeatedly when joining games.

To overcome this issue, we’ve implemented a fix today, which should dramatically improve the time it takes to join an online game. And, in order to make additional improvements we are briefly taking the servers offline tomorrow, Wednesday January 9th at 4:00 a.m. PST

As a rule, we try to avoid scheduled downtime whenever possible. However, at this juncture we will need 1-2 hours to update a number of server infrastructure components. We apologize for any short-term inconvenience this may cause, and appreciate your ongoing support and patience.

Our expectation is that the server load will continue to increase as system bottlenecks are removed. So in the coming days, we will continue to monitor our system and make further optimizations and improvements as necessary. We will be deploying additional hardware to improve our database throughput and load handling. In addition to the added hardware, we are further optimizing components of the underlying server software to improve performance. We hope to be able to hot deploy these updates while the system is live. In the event that the system requires further scheduled downtime, we will post a message both here and in-game via the “Message of the Day” to keep everyone informed.

Rest assured that we are taking every possible action to insure that your Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare online PS3 experience is smooth and trouble free. We apologize for the trouble this has caused and ask for your understanding and cooperation as we get things sorted over the coming days.

Thanks,

Steve Pearce
CTO, Activision
Old 01-09-2008, 11:08 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by sigma pi
no i dont ichi

we need to have a dinner with a black board and over head projector

call up resturants to see if we can get a banquent place hehe like a pizza place

say its our softball team watching our game haha
did you watch the episode of the office where they discuss cod strats on their whiteboard at work cause jim was sucking *** HAHA

i say shakeys pizza meet
fried chicken pizza and mojo potatoezzz
Old 01-09-2008, 11:11 AM
9 to 5 mod

hahaha no
Old 01-09-2008, 11:26 AM
VIP Member

I've got PLENTY of dry erase markers here at work i can bring, Someone just needs to bring a white board.

Ichi.. Add me if you haven't already(Ubermaus524). I tried sending you an add request last night but I might have not put in the right name.

GAH MALA HALOS!!!!!!
Old 01-09-2008, 12:08 PM

I noticed last night a lot of games are slowing down. They are not running around loose like retarded banshees. So they are wiseing up.

Oh, they are getting on the roof of the resturant in crash.

Last edited by Ichinobu; 01-09-2008 at 12:11 PM.
Old 01-09-2008, 12:09 PM

I'll add everyone.
Old 01-09-2008, 12:23 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Ichinobu
I noticed last night a lot of games are slowing down. They are not running around loose like retarded banshees. So they are wiseing up.

Oh, they are getting on the roof of the resturant in crash.
Also,

the middle house that everyone dreads on the map with construction site. Many a time have I been sniped by someone covering the HQ from the roof.
Old 01-09-2008, 12:39 PM
9 to 5 mod

we need a meet!
Old 01-09-2008, 01:41 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 Subaru WRX
Originally Posted by laoba
did you watch the episode of the office where they discuss cod strats on their whiteboard at work cause jim was sucking *** HAHA
i remember that episode. he was using a sniper rifle on a close quarters map, haha.

Quick Reply: teh COD4 thread (call of duty 4)